Search the forum,

Discuss Will Standard Pipe Clips Make Pipes Stand Far Enough Of Wall To Fit Pump Valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just changed the plate hex on my Turbomax due to lots of rust flakes inside(despite corrosion inhibitor) causing poor hw performance. I need to flush the system and fit a filter. Because of system design, the only 22mm pipes that are accessible are on standard plastic pipe clips on a wall nearthe boiler. I want to fit a Boiler Buddy, which will entail fitting pump valveson the return .

Will the standard pipe clips give enough clearance of the wallto fit the valves and BB, or will I need pipework alterations?

Many thanks for any advice.

https://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/fernox-boiler-buddy-magnetic-filter/

Last edited:
Fit a magnaclean pro 2 they stand off the pipework

Nope fitted loads. Sound as a pound

...Will the standard pipe clips give enough clearance of the wallto fit the valves and BB, or will I need pipework alterations?

Looks like you have to use the gate valves, like on the pumps, either side of the filter. Just 22 clips won’t do. So, you will need to alter your pipe work to come off the wall further.

bbf.jpg

Looking at the design, just wonder that one could just pull the lever and water goes everywhere. Shouldn't this be child proof!?

I don't like the look of those boiler buddys, there's no way of draining the water out of them to clean them, without draining the whole system.

...there's no way of draining the water out of them to clean them, without draining the whole system.

The book says - you need to install gate valves either side of the filter.

used these in the past large bulky unit then you have the extra cost of pump valves, lots of other makes on the market that are more suitable for retro fit

OK, tanks to all. As everyone says Magna Pro2, I have looked at them and they look good. Also cheap on Ebay.

Time will tell if they're water tight.

Boiler buddy was one of the early magnet filters I think! A pig to clean, plus who wants to rely on pump valves for access to clean the thing... Plus no way of adding chemicals into the filter etc Fernox need to make that thing redundant!

Don't like the boiler buddy, as someone said above it was a early design that has been well and truly superseded now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will Standard Pipe Clips Make Pipes Stand Far Enough Of Wall To Fit Pump Valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

V
Good morning! I have a problem with my central heating system…..and am wondering if anyone can help. The system: 1. 15 year old detached house, with a 15 yr old Honeywell Y Plan CH system, which to all extents and purposes works FINE. 2. Boiler is a traditional ‘IDEAL Classic’ boiler...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
B
removed a floor standing potterton yesterday gravity hw pumped htg. the boiler had one flow connection on the old boiler which was fitted with a teed to give gravity hw and then a pump to the rads on the other side of the tee. the rads and hw return pipes tapped into seperate rtn tappings on...
Replies
Views
buckley plumb
B
D
TL;DR version Getting new combi to replace vented conventional system Q 1) thoughts and opinions of weather compensating programmers? Q 2) Most of my CH pipe is 15mm will a chunk of this need to be replaced with 22mm? Q 3) Condensing boilers need a return of 55c or under to be most efficient...
Replies
Views
W
Hello. I've just been reading through this great site and thought I'd post my issue here to see if anyone can help please? We have an open vented, fully pumped (I could be wrong) central heating / hot water system and just before Christmas our 20+ year old bolier started leaking at the heat...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock