Discuss Expansion tank overflow now that new condensing boiler has been fitted. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. yes it is a condensing boiler, Heat only, with open vent and hot water cylinder, Do you know what make boiler was removed ?
as it is possable that flow and return pipes have been crossed over on boiler, what is the hight of the expansion tank above the top floor radiators ?

It's definitley not dripping/passing water on the float valve. The hot water tank is only a few years old and has the polystyrene insulation already attached to it all over.

The water comes from the vent pipe if it's set to just central heating but also if it's on both hot water/central heating. I don't think we've tried it just on hot water.

Thanks

you say this happens when the pump has turned of, could it be that its the boiler that is of and pump on over run?
do you have a 3 port or 2 x 2port valves

JTSPlumbing - The old boiler was a Glow-Worm FuelSaver 35F Fanned Flue Boiler.

The expansion tank is about 1 metre above the floor level on the same floor as the upstairs 3 radiators. So, the bottom of the expansion tank is roughly 50cm above the tops of the 3 radiators.

I hope this helps.

What is the vertical distance from the pump to the water level in the F/E tank?

What is the vertical distance from the water level to the top of the bend in the vent pipe?

Can you post a pic or drawing showing how the feed and vent pipes connect to the flow from the boiler?

Last edited:
Simon F - The timer is set to go off at 6pm which I think turns off the boiler (no water from pipe at 6pm) but as you say the pump seems to carry on which I'm sure it didn't do before. At approx. 6:05 the pump can be heard to shut off and this is when the water comes from the pipe. The water is clear and cold.

I'm so sorry but i'm not sure what you mean about the ports.

Thanks...

See simon f has raised a point, may-be pump is -not wired back to boiler, system stops , boiler still hot, expanding over tank,
as for hight of tank like to see a least 1 Mtr above highest rad.

Doitmyself - What is the vertical distance from the pump to the water level in the F/E tank? 2 metres

What is the vertical distance from the water level to the top of the bend in the vent pipe? 30cm

I'm just going to try and get a picture of the feed and vent pipes and how they connect.

Thanks

I'm sorry but I can't seem to work out which pipes are the feed and vent! I will have a proper look in the loft tomorrow to see if I can work it out.

Thanks for everyones time this evening, it's much appreciated.

Maybe the pump has been fitted the wrong side of the filling and vent pipe work
Cheers Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expansion tank overflow now that new condensing boiler has been fitted. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just recently noticed the overflow has started pouring water out, there are three tanks in the loft and I'm quite sure this is from the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock