Discuss urgent help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the hot water circuit is wizzing around the rad but not the cylinder then if ther is a none return its between the rad and the cylinder ... Just a thought but if if the issue is a none return and the flow is reversed would that cure the issue?

If the hot water circuit is wizzing around the rad but not the cylinder then if ther is a none return its between the rad and the cylinder ... Just a thought but if if the issue is a none return and the flow is reversed would that cure the issue?

thats what i thought going back tomorrow to reverse flow and rtn at boiler end as i dont fancy lifting all that floor .if that does not work going to cut flow and rtn hw circ pipes at boiler end and undo at cyl and connect hose to mains each pipe to see if it comes through if that fails comming home via shop to buy some skol super and pickiling my brain with alcohol till i find a majic wand lol

thanks ant

i know this isnt any help but we will not reuse gravity pipework that we cant inspect completely on to fully pumped sytems weve had to much trouble with them in the past, did it circulate when you powerflushed ?

mains flushed not power flushed seemed ok but it may have just been going through the heatleak rad .

thats what i thought going back tomorrow to reverse flow and rtn at boiler end as i dont fancy lifting all that floor .if that does not work going to cut flow and rtn hw circ pipes at boiler end and undo at cyl and connect hose to mains each pipe to see if it comes through if that fails comming home via shop to buy some skol super and pickiling my brain with alcohol till i find a majic wand lol

thanks ant

Good luck mate ... If the custard had no bother before you landed then it's something to do with the conversion... Quiz them a bit more before you do to much drastic stuff :) ... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck mate ... If the custard had no bother before you landed then it's something to so with the conversion... Quiz them a bit more before you do to much drastic stuff :) ... :)

thanks will let you know the outcome

Good luck mate ... If the custard had no bother before you landed then it's something to do with the conversion... Quiz them a bit more before you do to much drastic stuff :) ... :)

what a day removed part of the bathroom floor and the pipe boxing in the bathroom also part of the kitchen ceiling. never seen anything like the piping i found.old 28mm circs had been cut and capped above a tee the 22mm from the tees went to the bathroom radiator thus bathroom rad hot when hw on.found the cyl circs piped in 22mm both on the old rad flow like a one pipe radiator but system was a 2 pipe - customer said it took hrs for water to get hot. i am still amazed how the old boiler ever worked.the only thing i am worried about now is how reliable the danfoss rf cylinder stat is.

ant

Did you repipe the circs to the cylinder? Sound like a bit of a mess :)

i hope you have a magna clean or similar on the boiler it sounds like a real old system youve put the boiler on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to urgent help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock