Discuss Where to buy tools from in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say, is that usually, cheap tools let you down sooner than good ones. It may sound a bit odd to you, but you get accustomed to how tools work and the tools adapt to the way you use them.

If you use a large hacksaw you usually find it cuts in a specific way, so you compensate for any off line movement by biasing the pressure you apply as you cut. Eventually the tool wears and biases to the way you use it.

The thing is, if your mate lends you his or her hacksaw you soon find it cuts all over the place as you have probably become accustomed to exerting pressure on the tool in a different way than your mate.

Try asking a "Chippie" if you can borrow his or her saw? Usually you get a big NO!!!!! for the same reason.

It doesn't only apply to saws either it applies to nearly all tools.

So its better to buy good quality tools that you can use for ages, than to have to go through a new learning process every few weeks on tool replacements.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's someone on Ebay does a good deal on sets of Britool adjustables. THey are the dogs danglies and one of the best buys I have made on tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where to buy tools from in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
hi i have just bought some tools and was just wondering if they are good value for money DeWalt DCX5401 Cordless Toolkit 4 Piece 28 Volt...
Replies
Views
S
Here goes...... I have managed to get a 50% discount on a lever valve at plumbase but this is still about £1.50ish more expensive than screw...
Replies
Views
Winston
W
B
Had a dispute with the builder. He was supposed to do the downstairs toilet, and fix a sink and watertank to the garage. When he put up a pair of...
Replies
Views
badbob
B

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock