Discuss Ideal mini c, pcb or gas pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reggie09

evening all, just looked at a ideal mini c boiler which was fitted about six years ago, since then has broken down on a few accasions, most recently over last few weeks, over this period the user has kept pressing the reset button to sort out and the boiler did restart everytime, on this occasion the boiler wont fire up at all, goes through all usual sequence upto igniting but then locks out, all manuals say PCB or Gas Pressure, anyone had similar probs? any knowledge would be great, thanks.

dont know the boiler, but if the manuals say that, gas pressure is easy to check both standing and operating.
check that, then you know its the pcb

Well when it says gas presues what it means is faulty gas valve not opening
When it says pcb it means ignition part of board faulty
check if any gas being release through gas valve just before lock out and that power to valve,if power but no gas fault gas valve sticking,replace,if ok check to see if electrode producing spark ,check leads ok,check electode gap ,adjust clean, if ok pcb then probable ,if you have no power to gas valve fault pre ignition

Last edited by a moderator:
seems to be doing everything asked of it upto sparking but locking out after sparking for approx 6 seconds

if sparking,fault will be a sticking gas valve,replacement valve required,not an uncommon fault
it is going to lock out as no flame detected

could it be the temp probe as i am been informed that last time this happened an engineer hcanged the temp probe and worked again?

not if ignition is sparking ,the boiler has passed its checks and ready to light

The only thing would add,do not miss the obvious,if boiler been playing up over a few weeks has someone been fiddling and closed manual gas valve under boiler

i checked it first off, but like you say can never be sure unless you check these things, people tend to try turning things off without knowing what they are, then forget to put back on!

Hmm

What C version is it?

I would not be to hasty in changing the gas valve, before I had checked for the presence of gas pressure, if I was you. Gas valves cost a bomb and if its wrong the customer will not be pleased.
I would also tend to check the integrity of the flame detection unit and electrode.
The air pressure switch and the ignition electrode position.

In point give it a full electrical check, before replacing the gas valve.

But if you have already done this and still no gas coming out of the valve but there is at the inlet, then it seems likely its the gas valve.

The job is time consuming and I would tell the customer that, then take my time testing.

Don't forget if you sent a telly in for repair, you would expect to wait, a modern boiler can be a complex bit of kit and can take just as long.

And don't forget for most appliances they would be repaired on a work bench with loads of test gear. You are attempting to do the same to an appliance stuck on a wall or in a cupboard, which usually you can't reach properly.

Good fortune! :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal mini c, pcb or gas pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
N
Hi All I know I know ... another HE24 LF code problem. Fix is replace boiler ;-) My problem is slightly different to other posts I've been...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
I had a Vailant ecotec plus 838, installed end of June 2016. No problems with pressure at all until this summer (end of) when we finished a rear...
Replies
Views
I
If, like me, you find yourself replacing the printed circuit board (PCB) in an Ideal Logic plus boiler, be aware that it's ESSENTIAL to obtain the...
Replies
Views
D
Hello. I'm a newbie and complete non-diyer. however, I have learned about various parts of my boiler over the past few weeks from bitter...
Replies
Views
Back