Search the forum,

Discuss Water coming in from outside but none flowing through the house?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kitzar

Hello there, woke up this morning to no water in the bathroom sink taps, was enough in the loo to flush it but none now and no hot water in bath taps. downstairs in the kitchen sink i have cold water but no hot water. can anybody help or offer some advice? many thanks. central heating is working thankfully! :confused:

By the sounds of your problem you must have a CWSC(large tank) in the loft. It it insulated and are all the pipes coming from it insulated.
Push the ball cock down a little just to check you have incoming water. If you do then the problem is the pipes coming out the bottom of this tank, either frozen(possible in these conditions) or blockage in them.

You have this problem before around this this(COLD) time. BRRRR???

Hello there,

Thanks for replying, much appreciated!

No don't have a water tank just a combi boiler .... ??

No, I haven't had this problem before (have had problems with the boiler but not this specific problem).

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Do you know the type of heating system you have, as Darrenangel has stated that you might have an old large tank in the looft somewhere uninsulated and frosted up...
Try '''NOT''' to familiarise yourself LOTS OF HOT WATER...
until at some stage you get back your flow of COLD water.
The reason is is this may also be the water needed to replenish your HOT WATER

Water coming in from outside but none flowing through the house??
Hope we get a brighter warm front..as this cold weather is meant to be 10weeks long!!!

no, defo not got an old tank anywhere ...

so could it be that the pipes inside the house are frozen or blocked but the incoming pipe from outside is fine?

the cold tap in the kitchen is working so at least there's the kettle, lots of pans and gas hobs!

so is it better to just grin and bear it ...?

ta v much

That's fine with the hot water and central heating side of things, but think you need to go and check for an uninsulated CWSC in the looft,,,OR the piping to the other outlets are unisulated and FROZEN over/ between the last time you either flushed the loo or opened a cold water tap???

the loft has been converted and there's definitely nothing there.

when you say or the piping to other outlets are uninsulated and frozen what are the outlets ... sorry but i really don't have a clue ... i'm clued up on shoes and clothes lol but not plumbing ... :)

should i leave the taps on / open for when / if it finally gets back to normal?

thanks so much for your help, its very much appreciated. starting to get a bit worried now wondering if it's something more sinister ... hmmmmmm ...

cheers

where is your boiler, and does it fire up when you open a hot tap. from your first thread it appears the cold tap in the bath is ok. is this correct. is the toilet in this room.

My take is you've got a frozen pipe on the incoming mains. It will tee off from the stop tap to the kitchen sink and then to elsewhere which might explain why the kitchen cold tap is working but nothing else (assuming no cold water storage cistern).

the only place that provides water is the kitchen sink, located next to the stop tap. i can turn the stop tap on. The kitchen sink only supplies cold water but not hot water. Nothing works in the bathroom.

the boiler doesn't fire up when i turn on any of the taps that aren't currently supplying water ..... ooooohhhhhhh hang on ..... lots of noise coming on from pipes ....

oooooohhhhhhh fantastic it's just come on now .....

thanks to all for your help and advice .... sure i'll be back at some point in the future.

must have been frozen inside ....

dunno if this might have made a difference but we filled the bath with pans of hot water (we were getting a bit smelly!) and its since we emptied the bath that it started working .... is this coincidence or cure?

great service!

thanks again all

Well done!!!

Maybe the pipes had frozen near there e.g. under the bath?

Have you turned your heating on now or at least will you?!!!!

At least things are on the up!

id call someone out just to be on the safe side ,dont act like you no nothing

job done...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water coming in from outside but none flowing through the house?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock