Discuss Polypipe to Copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leasouth

I've been given a length of Hep20 15mm polypipe an a length of PB 22mm polypipe to fit to my new water tanks and replumb my bathroom and new shower.
I've never worked with pushfit polypipe before. But I have the right pipe cutter for poplypipes and the end inserts.

My water tank has standard brass compression fitting and I have plenty of brass compression fittings to hand.
Do the polypipes with end inserts in place fit to standard copper pipe compression fittings?
Do I have to buy some oter fittings to repalce the fittings on the tank?
What is the best fittings to connect copper to polypipes?

if your using polypipe, then the plastic fittings will fit straight onto a nice clean, deburred piece of copper.
the inserts are only used on the polypipe.

if your using polypipe, then the plastic fittings will fit straight onto a nice clean, deburred piece of copper.
the inserts are only used on the polypipe.
I think my question has been misunderstood. I've re plumbed my house in the past and others and fitted all the pipe work and radiators for central heating systems before having an engineer connect boilers and commision the system. I can solder end feeds and use other copper fitting with no problem.
I know how to cut polypipe plastic pipes and have the correct cutter and know that you must always fit the end inserts in plastic pushfit pipes before fitting them into their pushfit connectors.

My question is how to fit the polypipe to the brass compression fittings on the water tank and the brass compression fittings already used on copper pipes.

I assume as I need to fit end inserts into poplypipes when pushfitting into polypipe connectors that if polypipe can fit in to brass/copper compression fitting then you must still use end inserts or the olive would collapse the pipe.

So do polypipes fit in to normal compression fittings used for copper pipe??????

Thanks for your help

Yes the plastic pipe will fit into the corrisponding compression fittings size,you use inserts as well
The inserts are to stop the plastic pipe distorting in the fitting thus causing possible leaks.on some compression fittings you will have to put the backing nut and olive on the end of the plastic pipe first then fit the insert

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Puddles right, used HEP2o using ordinary 15mm compression fittings with insert in Hep2o.

Thanks VERY VERY much guys, my plumber friend who gave me the Hep2o pipe is away for a few weeks. I'm in the middle of re-plumbing the bathroom and the shower arrives later today, if I don't get the new water tank connected to it all SWMBO is likely to move in to the caravan permanently.
My friend advised me to use the Hep pipe but I couldn't remember what he said about using polypipe with normal copper pipe compression fittings. I've grasped the importance of the end inserts.
Thank's very much again for the prompt and helpfull replies.
TOP NOTCH forum members.
{:O) Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Polypipe to Copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi there, i’m in the process of remodelling a new build home and have a towel radiator i will be fitting soon to replace an ugly traditional...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked. Now we have moved...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and need some advice about some concerns about a new gas boiler that I have had fitted by a gas safe engineer...
Replies
Views
Two years ago, I requested a fully qualified plumber to change the location of the hot water cylinder in a vented central heating system. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve just taken off the side of the bath with the aim of fitting an overhead shower to the bath, and have found an electrical unit under the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back