Discuss New Member - tool required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wortonmiller

Hello all

Can anybody please help me find (purchase rent or borrow) an old style main stopcock key that is 1 1/4 inch square drive? I got yorkshire water (i'm in Holmfirth) to turn it on a few weeks ago, Its a quarter turn (clockwise) "on" then another quarter turn in the same direction to turn "off" again. (the guy that came told me if I turn it the other way sooner or later i'll have a fountain) off but now I need to do some work re-routing the incoming main so will need to turn it off and on a couple of times in the next week or two.

Thanks
Chris

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hi Wortonmiller and welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk!

Hi mate these can snap easily if you use a key i've snapped one before and its not nice. you can buy them from toolstation or most plumbers merchants be very careful if you use a key , can you not use hands or is it too far down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Member - tool required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all! Seeking opinions/advice on how to handle an idea from a client of mine, I wonder if anyone else has come across this before? One...
Replies
Views
I have learned a lot reading the forum and thought I should contribute back with my recent experience.I bought a 90 square meter 2 story row house...
Replies
Views
W
Hello all Can anybody please help me find (purchase rent or borrow) an old style main stopcock key that is 1 1/4 inch square drive? I got...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
J
Hi guys new here. I am a fairly competent DIYer but i have never really attempted to change a radiator. Well that is what i need to do, remove my...
Replies
Views
j4g3d
J
P
Hi there, just been to a property to install new stopcock and make changes to fit a dishwasher. Thought it would be a good idea to check outside...
Replies
Views
Bernie2
B
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock