Discuss new build.what type of system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buffy27

need some idea s to help a pal who is building a new house.he wants condensing oil burner in garage about 20m from hot press{district heating pipe for f and r} . solid fuel stove,and preservations for future solar.as it stands he will have a well at rear of house.the whole house will b underfloor heating.working out at around 1500m of piping. 14 port manifold downstairs and 10 port upstairs.he wants to store his water in a large potable tank and pump it into the building{grundfos mq3 pump} to guarantee equal water pressure in hot and cold .i had recomended a ti-sun 500 l cylinder.{in this cylinder the domestic is the coil}house is about 3500 sq.ft.i know in england ye go more in for combi boiler systems .had suggested 3 coil cylinder{pressurised} as a possible runner.he is also puting in heat recovery system. would appreciate any ideas .thanks very much:confused:

A ground source heat pump might be worthwhile as near as possible to the District Heating scheme pipework - they couldn't charge him for that (could they). It would be like mega-efficient.

thanks for the reply .heat pump not a runner here.had explained to him about such.the air to water heatpumps are alot less hassle than ground sourse and more efficient .didn t really understand what u were on about with the charging thing.anyway , he is installing a solid fuel stove and a kerosene boiler.underfloor heating and pressurised system.thanks

any idea s please

come on lads

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new build.what type of system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
S
Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10...
Replies
Views
Current system Danesmoor utility installed in outbuilding. Flow/return connections on the boiler are each 1.5" BSP then straight into 32mm copper...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry to bother you all with this but I am really struggling to find a suitable combi-boiler replacement and a knowledgeable heating engineer...
Replies
Views
I enjoy a pint at my local pub/restaurant owned by a hardworking Chinese family. I have had many years experience on property maintenance and they...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock