Search the forum,

Discuss Camray 5 Combi Oil Boiler locks out on hot water demand in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Seumas

Having a few issues with my combi boiler, its 14 years old now and due to be replaced as we are building extension, but need to get another 10 months out of the combi yet!
Was having pressure and lockout issues and the relief vale had activated couple times, expansion tank is fuel of water so I have ordered a new one in the hope that will sort that, but not dispatched yet, have ordered new nozzle also as current one been in for around 3 years (yeah I know it should be changed annually...),
I'm now having issues with it locking out when there is demand for hot water, initially it was only doing it when there was no heating being called for, but it's now doing it fairly regularly and even when the heating is on.
Further to that - it is very hard to restart after lockout, as if it has ran dry, but it hasn't and there is plenty oil, took air intake pipe off the snorkel to check clear and all good, oddly though, if I put my hand over the snorkel to restrict the airflow it seems to fire up first time no bother! If I dont do it this way it can take around 10 restart attempts to fire up again.
Anyone have any ideas!?
Could be a week or so before the parts I've ordered arrive so I'm keen to look at what else is going on before then - intend to check pump tomorrow morning after turning everything off to let it cool.

Yes, get somebody with the right equipment to have a look at it.

Thanks, wish I'd thought of that.....

Should maybe have added, I live on an offshore Island, plumbers with the right equipment aren't exactly falling off the trees here, if we had any trees. So more often than not things need 'bodged' to keep them running till we can get the right equipment, I normally get by and can get most things running again, but I'm running out of bodges this time!
Had the digital thermometer on the flow & return pipework earlier and they are both sitting at around 50, which has me thinking pump has indeed failed and that is just residual heat from boiler, will check that out properly tomorrow.
Pump has failed on me before though and it was never causing lockout?

Reply to Camray 5 Combi Oil Boiler locks out on hot water demand in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock