Discuss Help-hiding wastes on wall hung sanitory ware in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lla

Please can someone help.

I want to hang a sink on an exterior wall using a semi pedestal or bottle trap. Can the waste be hidden in the wall or must a false wall be built out? If the latter, what is the minimum depth required as I want as little projection as possible? I also want the whole area to be tiled to give a clean look.

I would be very grateful for any comments. Thanks.

few options i would consider....

first is if u have tools to bore thru your wall then feed waste directly out, or hammer n chiz it (messy) aslong as ur soil pipe is within decent range to connect to then chase feeds up wall.

secondly, boxing in pipework behind basin and then tiling but this sounds as if it will be immpossible for maintainance if ur tiling over it unless ur gona enjoy tiling it again and again.

thirdly, building wall out far enough for your waste and feeds to be hiden behind and using offcut of kitchen work top to place on top as u will need access to pipes etc for maintainance.

few others i bet but nothing else i would do dont think

good luck

*confusious say, man who stands on toilet is high on pot*

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for advice. I should have said I'm not a plumber although I guess that is rather obvious from my questions! Anyway, I'll think about the options. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help-hiding wastes on wall hung sanitory ware in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, We have a small bathroom, which currently has the toilet on the outside wall, and the sink on the inside wall. What are the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, i need a bit of advice, i live in Tasmania, we bought a brand new townhouse that has a tiny internal laundry in a closet in the...
Replies
Views
Q
I would be very grateful for advice re problems with my newly fitted bathroom. A few days after the 550mm basin was wall-hung (because I don't...
Replies
Views
E
I a fitting a bathroom basin which is semi recessed into units. I picked up a simple bottle trap but when I looked at the height of the outlet it...
Replies
Views
Puddle
P
B
I have installed a new en suite, tiles etc and am quite happy, however I am having a problem with the basin. I can’t get it onto the wall...
Replies
Views
easyt
E

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock