Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Help-hiding wastes on wall hung sanitory ware in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lla

Please can someone help.

I want to hang a sink on an exterior wall using a semi pedestal or bottle trap. Can the waste be hidden in the wall or must a false wall be built out? If the latter, what is the minimum depth required as I want as little projection as possible? I also want the whole area to be tiled to give a clean look.

I would be very grateful for any comments. Thanks.

few options i would consider....

first is if u have tools to bore thru your wall then feed waste directly out, or hammer n chiz it (messy) aslong as ur soil pipe is within decent range to connect to then chase feeds up wall.

secondly, boxing in pipework behind basin and then tiling but this sounds as if it will be immpossible for maintainance if ur tiling over it unless ur gona enjoy tiling it again and again.

thirdly, building wall out far enough for your waste and feeds to be hiden behind and using offcut of kitchen work top to place on top as u will need access to pipes etc for maintainance.

few others i bet but nothing else i would do dont think

good luck

*confusious say, man who stands on toilet is high on pot*

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for advice. I should have said I'm not a plumber although I guess that is rather obvious from my questions! Anyway, I'll think about the options. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help-hiding wastes on wall hung sanitory ware in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock