Search the forum,

Discuss connecting 45L laundry wash basin to kitchen sink waste pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone, i need a bit of advice, i live in Tasmania, we bought a brand new townhouse that has a tiny internal laundry in a closet in the passage opposite the bathroom.

It has a very small wash basin in one corner, the hot water cylinder is on the other end, but the space between these is not big enough to put a washing machine, as the internal depth is only 600mm, and the gap is only 580mm wide, apparently this was designed to have a small front loader machine only, our 7.5kg LG top loader will not fit, and we need that machine, and we also need a bigger wash tub as well.

We have a lock up garage on the other side of a small courtyard from our kitchen wall (about 12m away) and the floor in there is elevated about 800mm higher than the floor in our unit, so i went to the council and got a plan of the sewer mains, which is meant to be in a trench outside the garage wall where the new laundry is, so i decided to put the new laundry in there given i was already close to where the sewer mains is meant to be.

I have a 1.5m benchtop and the wash machine beside it, and under the bench is a 25 litre mini hot water cylinder to supply hot water to the mixer, and a 45 litre tub.

Now that this has been set up, i can't locate the 100mm sewer mains outside the garage wall where the laundry is, it is not where the plans show it to be, and i am sick of digging 750mm deep trenches trying to locate it.

I thought of another option to get the waste water from the new sink to the sewer mains, but not sure if i can do this, but it involves running the 50mm waste pipe from the new laundry basin thru the wall, and attaching the pipes around the fences to the back wall of our unit, which is where the kitchen sink is located, and given there is an 800mm fall from the garage floor to the kitchen floor, getting a decent fall on the 50mm pipe is no issue.

I thought i could drill a 55mm hole thru the back of the kitchen cabinet and then punch out a brick from the outside wall so i can then run the 50mm pipe into that cabinet, and connect it to the waste pipe under that kitchen sink.

I believe i should be able to do this as it would simply be like having a 3rd sink in the kitchen (currently have a double sink) but i need to know where i need to cut the existing waste pipe under the sink to drop the elbow in for the new 50mm pipe.

I assume it has to go above the S-Trap somewhere, or tap into the horizontal pipe connecting the existing 2 sinks together, or possibly tap into the pipe under the shelf that goes into the concrete floor.

Have attached a photo of the pipes under our kitchen sink, and another of the laundry in the garage.

Any thoughts before i head off to the council on Wednesday.

Attachments

• SINK edit.jpg
    SINK edit.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Garage 27.jpg
    Garage 27.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Reply to connecting 45L laundry wash basin to kitchen sink waste pipe in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock