Discuss Has anyone tried rated people? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's even online pumbers. You pay to join up or pay per visit, not sure which and ask them questions.
Like what people do on here, but we do it for free :90:
But I suppose there's a crossword-esque element to it. But we're messing up their business plan in a rage against the machine kinda way.

I still believe Checkatrade may have something for the genuine tradesman. Criteria must be met before admission including an onsite visit. They told me any complaints are fully investigated and if found veritable, will result in expulsion. It's about £500 pa I think. The guy, who I phoned, explained in a nonchalant manner very matter of factly, this was so. He didn't have the air of a hardseller, I know it sounds naive to believe, but I am extremely skeptical over most things, but he was as unconcerned for my business as the burger seller in a cup final, and going on the claim of a sparks I met, it seemed credible. I dunno.

Where I am ther was an opt in schemme trade checker or something. Cost about £500 and limited to three of each and you went in a leaflet and on their site. All I got was a load of tap washers from OAPs. So I stopped they don't trade anymore and I still get calls 4 years on for the same stuff because they haven't thrown out the leaflet.

Thanks guys, due to not hearing anything bad I considered it. Having second thoughts now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I joined rated people and my hammer couple months ago as my phone was dead and no work whatso ever was coming in . To be fair my hammer turned out o.k but had problems canceling rated people so dont recommend that mob . Had a fair few week fillers off my hammer and fair play to customers all gave me extra on completion of the work and have been givemn extra work after .In all fairness tho i'm not into the idea of chasing work like this as such but when it was quiet for me it came up trumps

Well I have been on rated people and have spent lots of money on it, I have never got any work, its rubbish, I think ( yourworkman ) is right!.

hi all me and my mate have tried rated people 1 week in ive spent 200 quid on leads 3 people dont want a job doing 3 no replys to phone or emails 1 person my quote was do dear have sent them email to cancel ,,customers have a laptop dream of having work done but have no intention of having it done not realising were paying for leads 24pound plus vat for 1000pound job dont bother is my advise

hi all me and my mate have tried rated people 1 week in ive spent 200 quid on leads 3 people dont want a job doing 3 no replys to phone or emails 1 person my quote was do dear have sent them email to cancel ,,customers have a laptop dream of having work done but have no intention of having it done not realising were paying for leads 24pound plus vat for 1000pound job dont bother is my advise

good point,there are going to be loads of people just seeing how much stuff costs

I get that in normal trading a customer will ring and say, friend or family member mentioned they are looking for a job to be done,they ask me to ring them,75% of the time they say,oh just thinking about it,how much would it be do you think,have a chat with them and never hear owt again regarding that particular project anyway

On the above basis,if a customer rang up and said give us £20 for lead,I would say.no only if I get the work,would be well out of pocket,take it to sheeple rated and you are on a big looser

imho

People on there Im sure dont know tradesmen have to quote for their contact details - therefore not always their fault, the problem lies with Rated People who are making up the prices they charge and musn't have a clue about how much work is required on various jobs.
You can request a free lead if there is a problem - BUT DONT HOLD YOUR BREATHE.

Ive only started trading since march, been away from UK for 6 years so lost a lot of contacts, when initially trying to start up alone through word of mouth it was obviously difficult as I was unknown

Out of all the advertising i've done newspapers, yell.com, trust a trader, flyer drops, website and local magazine it has been rated people that has kept me going, Ive just calculated my invoices for rated people leads & membership costs came to £370 ( 3 months) profit excluding materials £ 2700 ( 3 months ).

My prices have been reasonable although according to some of the customers I wasnt the cheapest and still won the quote with them, its about selling yourself sometimes not all about price, Ive already had morework from the rated people customers recommending me.

Rated people does have its faults though, they should state if its only a quote the customer requires or genuinely looking to start work.

In my opinion Rated people is good if your starting up I plan to use it for the first year or two but tradesman who have been trading a while and rely on this site must be doing something wrong.

Cheers Jamie

Apologies for a post from a non-plumber.

I used RatedPeople after seeing TV adverts. I needed some upgrades done on my 20 year old conservatory.

The people seemed competent and presented a number of photos of previous jobs. They also had a impressive feedback, apparently from previous customers.

I asked them to look at the dirty drain on my house which showed a small amount of moisture. They hacked at it with a hammer and bolster, gave up then tried to cover it up with floor grout. Image below.

Think I'm gonna need a plumber.

drain01.jpg

Contacted Rated People. They have send a generated reply but nothing else. Searching the web seems Rated People are not to be recommended. A total rip off. I paid several thousands before I realized what these idiots had done. This is just the worst of their botches!

If you're a second rate cowboy, pretending to be any sort of tradesman, then RatedPeople would seem to be for you.

Hi I tried it a couple of years back its a waste of money and they charge far too much and have no idea what plumbers charge for each job and you often find that you are competing with three or four other tradesmen on each job save your money try trust a trader or similar.

roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Has anyone tried rated people? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

H
No matter what industry you’re in, if you’re really good you should be able to keep busy through recommendations and word of mouth. However, in...
Replies
Views
P
Just checked the trusted tradesmen site and the plumbing and heating sections are now working,placing a listing is free and adds another string to...
Replies
Views
Andrewlo
A
C
Replies
Views
A
hi guys, just wondered if anyone had any good cheap methods of advertising for work,tried local papers but these seem to be so expensive
Replies
Views
United
U
I just wondered how other people have found sites like 'Rated People'. I recently signed up to try and generate some more business but I'm very...
Replies
Views
JULIED444
J

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock