Search the forum,

Discuss What pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barryplumb

Hi all,

done some work in my sis in laws house last week, she lives in a 5 bed, 3 bathroom house.
There is a total of 21 radiators!! they have a big floor mounted oil fuelled boiler that works ok and the last gas engineer said it was 94% efficient.
The problem is they just have a standard size grundfos pump, so some of the rads are sruggling to heat up, any advice on a good pump to replace it with?

180mm port to port so it will fit in place of the 15/60, maybe a Grundfos ups 25 55 I fitted one a while back on a large 3 story 3m high cieling victorian detched house with 18 rads and the boiler in the cellar. Did the job nicely was £220 ish.

Last edited by a moderator:
edit Ive given the wrong port to port mm, yes its just earth live nuetral, let me just triple check Ive given you the right pump model number

Also when i tried to drain down system via a small rad near the boiler downstairs, attached hoses ( two drain of valves on same rad) nothing drained off!
I flicked boiler on to start pump for a few seconds in case of an airlock and it pumped out of the hoses no problem, turned of boiler and flow stopped.
I then found 15mm feed to the boiler from header tank with a drain of valve , used this to drain down ok. So why would it not drain of from thge rad valves?

yep tried opening bleed valves on up and downstairs rads. even realeased nuts on the small rad and nothing came out . Could it point to a blocked vent pipe?

How can you check if a vent pipe is blocked? is there a procedure to test it?

if you get a magnet and try it along the pipework not just the vent, wherever the magnet sticks or you feel a bit of resistance there is likely to be a blockage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
P
Hi there, please help dont have a clue how to set this up. Ive recently installed a complete new central heating system in my house myself. The system is up and running and works okay but I feel it could work alot better if it were setup properly. Im not a plumber and really understand how parts...
Replies
Views
Hi, First posting so please be gentle! So a bit of history. Last year I had a problem with my radiators not heating up, well, only getting tepid. Hot water was fine, and having the hot water on helped get slightly more heat in the radiators. I decided it was the 3 port valve, so replaced the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a newbie and need some advice please. My 4 bed house has gas central heating with the Regular boiler (BG 330 set to 18Kw output) located in the garage. The boiler is connected directly to the header tank (vented system) and is also connected via a dedicated system pump to a thermal...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock