Discuss One for you commercial guys in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to store this morning, there was agate valve on secondary return, which I turned off. I got a good flow through the taps, this leads me to believe that the return has been connected into the wrong place on the primary flow pipe. So if I was to re pipe it to the other end would this then cure the pull back from the taps while keeping a flow of hot water there without pulling off too much water, look forward to some feedback.

Stick a single check valve (to the taps) after the t to the secondary return link

Thanks for that ShaunCorbs, that would be the easiest solution as access is difficult.

Also check the pump speed as you only want enough flow to move the water round slow doesn't need to be fast, or partly close the gate valve if you can't change the speed

I would be looking how the air was getting into the line as well

Just to update, I went in again this morning as I received an email yesterday telling me that the taps were back to spluttering. I managed to get in to the ceiling void above toilets to try and find where the original pipes were coming through. I found them and saw that they had gate valves on them, but they are now behind a tiled wall. On this information I managed to feel the pipes, the flow was hot to the touch, however the return was cold, this now leads me to believe that the gate valve that I found is turned off. I have informed the maintenance team and they are going to cut the tiles out and gain access to the valve. With a bit of luck it could be solved. Thanks for all input given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One for you commercial guys in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Recently I noticed that we were running out of HW more than expected, perhaps it’s people are taking more baths but I wanted to check out if...
Replies
Views
I've been experiencing water hammer within the house for a couple of months now, which rattles the pipes whenever turning off a tap or an...
Replies
Views
A
Have a problem with hot water coming from the cold taps for about 30 seconds before running cold, the system is a large unvented cylinder with a...
Replies
Views
P
Hi all. I am having problems with a secondary hw pump I have installed. Basically it's not circulating. It sounds as if at has air in it or...
Replies
Views
kimbo
K
L
Hello. I returned home yesterday to find an Anglian Water engineer had put a card through our door explaining that due to a substantial increase...
Replies
Views
G4WIL
G
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock