Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss main mersey super ....flue to existing chimney? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jawsshaw

Just bought a replacement for the old mains mersey, like for like (its not and won't fit in the very limited space ) and then i had an idea, run the existing pipes into the attic and over to the chimney ( the gas fire uses it but it hasn't got a flue liner) knock out a few bricks , seal the flue to the chimney breast and mount and connect the boiler . is this safe?:confused:

Just bought a replacement for the old mains mersey, like for like (its not and won't fit in the very limited space ) and then i had an idea, run the existing pipes into the attic and over to the chimney ( the gas fire uses it but it hasn't got a flue liner) knock out a few bricks , seal the flue to the chimney breast and mount and connect the boiler . is this safe?:confused:

So hows the weather on planet zog :rolleyes: :confused:

Get someone in who knows what they are doing

Ok, so it would appear that my original suggestion was a bad idea, but rather than wallowing in your own warm glow of smugness, why not explain why? . i would assume ( no benny hill jokes ) that it has something to do with the flue waste gasses being able to re enter the house .

nothing to do with smugness mate you are a complete danger to man and beast and quite obv cannot possibly be trained in gas in any way shape or form and should not be let within 10miles of a gas appliance
i thought at first it must surely be a wind up as noone with gas qualifications could possibly be this dangerous

i would assume ( no benny hill jokes ) that it has something to do with the flue waste gasses being able to re enter the house .

Actually it is not about flue gasses re-entering house, although that could happen, you are grasping at stews, it is about the safe installation of a potential dangerous appliance, if not installed correctly, which by the very idea of your statement, you have proved that you are in no way capable of doing and I would not dream of giving you little snippets of information that may give you any dilutions that you may be capable of doing this work
We help were we can, as is evident all over this site and if it is smugness that helps save you and your family’s life, so be it

are you mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to main mersey super ....flue to existing chimney? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Originally, I though this was going to be a straight forward question and then just now I checked something. To cut a lengthy explaination...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any help, advice or personal experience appreciated. We are supplied by a lead pipe but on a shared supply. I am about house 4 out of a run...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
T
Hey this is a message really for more experience gas fitter, I am newly in to the industry and things in a job do not sit right. Maybe you can...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock