Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Help with a Plumber/Gas engineer Combi install wrong? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tommyo

Hey this is a message really for more experience gas fitter, I am newly in to the industry and things in a job do not sit right. Maybe you can help me.

My friend had a extension built in replacement of his Lean to, I went around to visit yesterday and he is still having work done on the extension, the electrician needs to finish etc,
So he has a CDI 29 installed.
He had a plumber and a gas safe engineer doing the boiler.
Boiler was installed around 2 months ago, and the gas engineer plugged it in via plug socket and said he will come back in a week and flush it out then, he did not install the clock and told him to leave the boiler on full for a week.

So he has not come back as yet and say he will do, I am questioning a few things can you help?

• I was told to power flush before putting the old water through the boiler other wise warrant is void?

• The boiler is just plugged in at the moment and in use and the boiler has no commissioning paperwork filled in as yet either which means no evidence to say he has tested for gas drop or flue gases

• The PRV just drops down about 100mm and discharges in to same pipe as condensation pipe and is just open ended it goes in to a cut piece of 40mm waste pipe internally and not covered or sealed, further down the condensate pipe goes in to the same pipe and then that goes outside and discharges in to a drain and not insulated. (again I was taught to terminate it on a separately externally in to a mushroom or a street elbow.

• The Gas pipe from the Gas main to the externally passage way has been sleeve but it has not been sealed on the annualar space at all, the sleeve is loose.

• The gas pipe has come through the extension ceiling and ran about 10 metres in the ceiling and behind the plaster in to the boiler. (I thought you was not allowed to run it in spaces like that which are not accessible for inspection).

So basically has the install been done right and should he be using the boiler if it has no commissioning done on the boiler? the plumber was the builders and the gas man was the plumbers, at the moment the plumber is not returning his calls. I told him to ask for a gas safe inspector to visit as it doesn't seem right but maybe its more building regs than gas safe.

Thanks in advance guys.

post some pics up of the install

post some pics up of the install

Photo 22-01-2016, 21 01 23.jpg
Photo 22-01-2016, 21 01 26.jpg
Photo 22-01-2016, 21 01 28.jpg

Best I could get

prv and condense are wrong prv needs to be in copper all the way and condense needs to be sealedthe bending on the copper is excelent but unnecessary the copper should be on the wall and the plastic shouldnt be there he has made a simple job difficult

Last edited:
prv and condense are wrong prv needs to be in copper all the way and condense needs to be sealedthe bending on the copper is excelent but unnecessary the copper should be on the wall and the plastic shouldnt be there he has made a simple job difficult

This is what i have been taught condestate is in its own chamber sealed with glue, then the PRV is seperate through the external wall and bent over.

What do you think about the leaving of it for 2 months with no commisioning and clocks on ?> to me its just ringing alarm bells..

This is what i have been taught condestate is in its own chamber sealed with glue, then the PRV is seperate through the external wall and bent over.

What do you think about the leaving of it for 2 months with no commisioning and clocks on ?> to me its just ringing alarm bells..

if hes fga it then fine alsong as he fills the book in when finished and plug top is fine

Perhaps we are too cautious where I work but when we come across a similar configuration (open tundish with combined prv pipe) this would be classed as At risk and then rectified. Also a label should be attached to the boiler stating that is an uncommissioned appliance

I don't remember reading a prv had to be in copper. I also thought prv,s are ok in a tundish, like unvented cylinders.
obviously combined like this is wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with a Plumber/Gas engineer Combi install wrong? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock