Discuss main he combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

went to a job today and fitted a few new radiators .i then fired the boiler an what a noise. it works fine in hw mode and when heating is selected the pump kicks in and still ok then the burner lights and it vibrates and hums - not from the burner but from the diverter valve or motor .if i put my hand on the diverter motor and push it left or right the sound goes.i am assuming the valve is vibrating getting past the eals to the hw but the hw outlet pipe stays cold so could it be just the valve chattering. as soon as it goes into pump over run the vibration stops - its definately comming from diverter though.any one had this .

thanks ant

Hi Ant, This was a known problem with a batch of Main combi boilers a couple of years ago. Heat team replaced them free of charge at the time. Dont know if this is one of that batch or if it is happening again but the actuator on top of the diverter is the problem. May be worth a call to heat team to check if the boiler is still under warranty. Good luck, Doug

not sure if it was a or be it was fitted 2 years ago . i did not pay much attention as i was only there to replace 3 rads and when i fired the boiler up it made the noise .i started to look when the owner said the noise has been there for wks . i was not going to do work i am not paid for so refitted cover and come away to find out if common problem

ant

thanks will let you know back there next month when the ext is finished

ant

it was a main 30 eco combi .phoned main today and they said it could be the diverter cartridge is this worth trying first.

ant

thanks will try thur . does fitting cartridge involve removing the diverter or can it be fitted in situ

thanks ant

done in situ but the pin must be held down with drill bit or similar to completely drain the boiler

been to purchase cartridge today and was told they dont supply cartridges anymore just diverter or motors .went city parts and parts centre.

ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to main he combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hi, First time poster. I've been banging my head against a wall this past month on google searches and soliciting advice of a couple of plumbers...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have a BAXI DUOTEC COMBI 24 HE A. I suspect a diverter issue. Symptoms are hot water but cold rads. No fault codes to report. At...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I'm just looking to get some advice please. I've had my boiler installed about 4 years ago (MAIN Combi eco 30 - MAIN being a...
Replies
Views
I have a vokera compact he35 combi and would like to check a few things: 1. Is the DHW thermostat “dry” or does the boiler need to be...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock