Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vokera compact he 35 hot water cycling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a vokera compact he35 combi and would like to check a few things:

1. Is the DHW thermostat “dry” or does the boiler need to be drained to replace this?

I ask the above as I am experiencing a few issues with the boiler and thought of trying the above first.

Hot water is running hot and cold (cycling) if the thermostat on the hot water is turned too high. Boiler overheats, turns off, water goes cold, system cools, fires up again and heats and so on. If I turn it down I get a constant hot water supply (currently set to 45-deg C as measured at the sink using a IR thermometer) and boiler fires continuously. Turning the DHW temp to max causes much more rapid on/off of the boiler and corresponding hot/cold cycling at the hot water tap.

Another strange observation is the main CENTRAL HEATING FLOW pipe gets hot at the same rate as the hot water pipe, even when heating is off, indicating diverter valve issue. This happens even if the DHW is set to 45-degrees and I get a constant steady stream of hot water and boiler continues to fire. Whilst the copper CH FLOW pipe gets hot (1st metre before it runs under the floor so I can feel it) I have not detected any heating of the radiator that is first in the CH loop (another 6ft away from the boiler). Its definitely not heating the flow pipe by conduction and I am definitely getting hot water flow into the CH pipe when HOT WATER is called for, so the diverter is letting WATER pass. The same is not true in reverse, i.e., the DHW pipe does not get hot when the heating is on.

My initial thoughts on cycling at the hot tap

- Secondary water heat exchanger blocked, BUT no limescale issue in Glasgow and flow rate and pressure of hot water excellent. Possibly blocked at main CIRCUIT supply side. Unlikely as whole system only 4+ years old and completely cleaned, flushed and inhibited over summer.

- Diverter valve spool sticking – again, surprised at this as newish system and all recently cleaned, but possible. Perhaps diverter motor issue? Would faulty diverter cause thermal cycling at the hot water tap?

Pressure set at 1-bar and has held pressure all summer, so no issue there. If replacing the diverter spool or motor, would you recommend dropping who system pressure before isolating boiler and draining or should the boiler isolating valves hold 1-bar?

Curious to know your thoughts on the above and any suggestions for fault finding. Vokera technical suggested getting venture flu cleaned!

You need a gsr.

We do not give advice on the repair of boilers or any gas appliances in open forum.

To join the closed forums you need to prove your credentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera compact he 35 hot water cycling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock