Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss jib/phmes gold card renewal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

so-solar

Has anybody else been stung like this?

After arriving on a new site i was told my cscs card was not the correct one and that i needed a trade specific card. No worries, i rang the j.i.b and explained the situation, They advised me to fill in the relevant paperwork and return with a cheque for £30 and my card would be processed.

So, after paying £20 for the test, then £30 for the cscs card only to be told it was the wrong one then another £30 for the gold card i was slightly p....d off to be honest. I then asked how long it would be until i receive this new card? 6-8 weeks sir!!!!! The job is only an 8 week build so that is no good, No problems sir, pay another £55 and you can have the card within 4 working days!

I have had to pay £135 for this cscs gold card,

I feel i have been robbed:mad:

i can never get my head round the range and various types or cards, competence schemes etc etc, its not like we were not trained in the first place is it?????????????????

No! Its seems to be easy money for somebody and confusion for everybody.

I suppose its about time we went back to basics. Just simply make it against the law to breach regulations and not to ensure its safe and make the person doing the work responsible for it, bring back clerk of works to supervise installations. All this qualification and Gas Safe stuff seems just a cheap way for the industry not to pay for inspectors. And its been said on this website many of the problems come from registered workers not cowboys.

If that is right, then it is questionable whether qualification and all the rest is doing the job of lifting standards anyway

If you are a member of CIPHE you can get your gold card free from JIB and dont pay the extra for the card to come quicker the site can phone jib and the can confirm you have applied.

Eco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to jib/phmes gold card renewal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I was wondering if anyone could help me with some advice. Over a year ago I quit my job of 10 years as an engineer to do a plumbing course which I...
Replies
Views
Adamcasper
A
A
Evening all, This cscs business may seem like old news, however i have been working all over the south east doing all types of plumbing and...
Replies
Views
ecowarm
E
F
How important is it to get a JIB card? What do you need to get one? I have a CSCS card and never been asked for it, but I suppose it depends were...
Replies
Views
ive just changed a boiler for a landlord job finished and registered with gas safe now the landlords have told the customer that they have to have...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have just serviced a gas fire (valor Firelight 328) all above board, full strip down, drop test, paperwork etc Charged the bloke...
Replies
Views
fabio
F
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock