Discuss Help - Boilers with Long Horizontal Flue Lengths? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PremierPHD

I have a cutsomer who is short of money and has had her boiler badly sited and the termination of the flue also. The cowboys that fitted her system have since gone out of business.
The insurance have paid out for the boiler (due to another issue) but we are fearing it needs resiting and she doesn't have the money to pay for it.
Our solution, although unsightly, is to run a flue along the internal wall of the kitchen and out of the side of the house so it agrees with BS 5440 Part 1. We estimate the flue length will need to be 4.5m to do this however.
Does anyone know a lower end boiler (e.g. Biasi Garda 24kw / 28kW) that allows for an horizontal flue length of this size?
Kind Regards

I have a cutsomer who is short of money and has had her boiler badly sited and the termination of the flue also. The cowboys that fitted her system have since gone out of business.
The insurance have paid out for the boiler (due to another issue) but we are fearing it needs resiting and she doesn't have the money to pay for it.
Our solution, although unsightly, is to run a flue along the internal wall of the kitchen and out of the side of the house so it agrees with BS 5440 Part 1. We estimate the flue length will need to be 4.5m to do this however.
Does anyone know a lower end boiler (e.g. Biasi Garda 24kw / 28kW) that allows for an horizontal flue length of this size?
Kind Regards

not sure but the potterton performa for example is only 4 metres for a 24kw

put it on the insurance quote and move the boiler so it conforms to standard, cant refuse it can they?.

Insurance company say it isn't their fault the boiler was mis-sited in the first place hence customer must may pay for that if they want it done.
Re: Potterton I will have a look at that 1, just maybe 0.5m short.
Regards,
Andrew

Main eco 30 upto 10m then up to 20m with the bigger bore flue.If your then going to box in the flue pipe it needs to be accessable for inspection in line with the latest gas regs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have found some of the Pooterton range that allows flues up to 10m in length e.g. Potterton Performa 24kW.
Thanks for the advice people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help - Boilers with Long Horizontal Flue Lengths? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
L
Hi guys Really need some help... We have a Warmflow 70/90 Oil Fired Combi Boiler. We're looking at putting a porch/conservatory on to the...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Help .. Running out of options.. I have a client with a Grant vortex utility system 36-46 with riello burner. There is about a 20metre 10mm oil...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
J
I say 'engineers' but is that actually true in the strictest sense of the word? I guess that depends on how you interpret the work of a Plumber...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
I am fairly certian this would be okay to do but wanted to double check. Without having the manufacturers instructions or ringing tech I would not...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock