Discuss Where does the plumbing stop and the gas engineering start??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Kirk. In the real world this happens all the time. What about the big mobs (like the red vans with a pylon on the side) who have maybe one ticketed guy for every 20 or more fitters. The one with the ticket goes around commisioning and signing off and has never seen any work in progress. Might not be 100% by the rules but it happens every day with the knowledge of the "authorities"

are we talking about f.e.* by any chance
for every 100 guys 80 are polish now lol

every big mob in Scotland does this including c.c.* and bail*** (only guys from up here will be able to guess who I am on about) so if they are doing it then why not us?
I will also comment on the commercial gas engineers who would have to be on a big job for 2 years if they were to install every gas pipe in the building this isn't going to happen as most of these jobs have 12 month dead lines

gentlemen i have already said i know it goes on all over the place, but the question was asked "is it allowed" and i answered no it isn't. the fact that some/lots do it doesn't make it any less incorrect, and is purely down to each persons decision on the risk they take, a 2 man team doing a great job isnt a concern to anyone, and as for the gas guy who works for the big companies who fires round commissioning everyone else's work then they are off their head, the risk they are taking isnt worth what they get paid

every big mob in Scotland does this including c.c.* and bail*** (only guys from up here will be able to guess who I am on about) so if they are doing it then why not us?
I will also comment on the commercial gas engineers who would have to be on a big job for 2 years if they were to install every gas pipe in the building this isn't going to happen as most of these jobs have 12 month dead lines

i know who you are talking about and could name a few others besides, but it doesnt make it right

its like saying to an officer who has stopped you for speeding 'well others do it' no defence just because others cheat. wrong is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where does the plumbing stop and the gas engineering start??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi all, first of all I'm not a plumber so forgive my ignorance. We are currently getting a boiler stove installed. This involves connecting the...
Replies
Views
P
Hi there, please help dont have a clue how to set this up. Ive recently installed a complete new central heating system in my house myself. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock