Search the forum,

Discuss Multi-fuel boiler stove installation connected to existing heating system in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, first of all I'm not a plumber so forgive my ignorance. We are currently getting a boiler stove installed. This involves connecting the plumbing and some electrical to our existing heating system. The Plumber has requested that our electrician installs a spur at the location of the plumbing system and a "Relay" from the newly installed pump and thermostat to our hot press. A wire that goes from the pump to the motorised valves and tells the gas boiler that the boiler stove is taking over when it gets to a certain temp. Is this a 4 core wire that connects two the pump and runs to the wiring centre in the hotpress or is a "Relay" something else. Anyone any experience with this type of thing that they could share.

The boiler stove system consists of two 8m pumps and heat hero box and a pipe stat set to 55 degrees (all to the right of the chimney breast). The pipe stat has a two core wire coming from it about a meter long not connected to anything yet, theres a fused spur there to power the pumps, so I presume thats all the connections are needed for the two pumps. In the hot press upstairs there is 3 motorised valves and an EPH wiring centre. Does the two core wire from the pipe stat get connected to a newly installed relay in the hot press and then a wire from the relay to the EPH wiring centre?. I wouldn't touch any of this myself, we have a sparks who has worked in our house on and off and he's a good guy but doesn't know what to do here, he has asked several work friends and I have spoke to another sparks and all stumped. Is there any way I could get a wiring diagram for this do you think? thanks very much for your comments and replies in advance

I'm not familiar with the exact kit you are referring to so I'm not going to waste your time with generic and irrelavant safety advice. What I would say is that the equipment supplied has to be installed to manufacturer's instructions and that these should include wiring diagrams. Unfortunately you will find many sparks will be stumped by heating controls and this really is a plumbing and heating installer job to understand. If you can find a plumber/solid fuel installer/heating 'engineer' that understands the requirements and can get him or her on site then if he is not qualified to actually do the electrical work, he can at at least tell your electricians what they need to be doing.

Sorry not to be more detailed, but even if this were something I handled all the time, I wouldn't trust myself to get it right over the web as I need to have things in front of me to make sense of them!

I'm not familiar with the exact kit you are referring to so I'm not going to waste your time with generic and irrelavant safety advice. What I would say is that the equipment supplied has to be installed to manufacturer's instructions and that these should include wiring diagrams. Unfortunately you will find many sparks will be stumped by heating controls and this really is a plumbing and heating installer job to understand. If you can find a plumber/solid fuel installer/heating 'engineer' that understands the requirements and can get him or her on site then if he is not qualified to actually do the electrical work, he can at at least tell your electricians what they need to be doing.

Sorry not to be more detailed, but even if this were something I handled all the time, I wouldn't trust myself to get it right over the web as I need to have things in front of me to make sense of them!
Great advice, thank you kindly

Reply to Multi-fuel boiler stove installation connected to existing heating system in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock