Discuss Water Tank Thermostat Failure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diydavzo

Hi Guys,

My central heating/water system has a Santon 160L Unvented Mains Pressure Heater. Water is normally heated by gas boiler. Now when it goes on in morning, it now seems to make a trickling noise as hot water goes in tank. The water out taps is very hot, and I get drips into the Tun Dish which I am assuming is coming from T&P relief valve. Does this mean that the tank thermostat has failed or is turned up too high (wasn't always like this?). I am not getting big release out of T&P valve just dripping and this is not constant just seems to be when water is on? I have had British Gas guys out before about dripping through Tun Vessel but they just changed valves and said that it was nothing to worry about?

Thanks.

I decided to try turning the thermostat in the tank down a bit to see if this changed the water temperature but didn't seem to make any difference. Again suggests thermostat not working? How reliable are the thermostats in the tank?

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks.
D

well trickling sound could mean cylinder requires repriming if internal air bubble,instruction should be on unit,basicaly turn off water open taps and p/t valve
if external expansion vessel ,open taps and re pressurise
Over heating could be caused by hot water motorised valve by passing to cylinder when heating on,causing over heating through valve

As for BG guy saying ok,he is a 24 carrot blonker,coz it does,you should not be useing any of the safety features on a regular basis

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for reply Puddle - been offline for a bit!
Will try what you said :)
Agree about should not be using safety features on regular basis...

Cheers
Davzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Tank Thermostat Failure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock