Discuss System or Coventional Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RGB

Hi,

I need some help with replacing my 21 year old Potterton Neataheat 75,000 BTU boiler?

Having done some a fair amount of reading recently I am torn between the following boilers:

Veismann Vitodens 200W System

Vaillant ecotec 630 System

Vaillant ecotec 428 Conventional

In each case I wish to up the output of the boiler to an equivalent 100,000 BTU. I would like to know if it is worth going for the extra expense (boiler & labour) for a system type & what advantage I would gain?

I do not want a combi as I have a large 4 bedroom detached house with 1 en suite bathroom, family shower room, two Aqualisa quartz power showers plus usual hot outlets in the kitchen, utility & cloakroom. The other reasons are for me is I like my warm airing cupboard it dries clothes! & the main reason, don't like the idea that if a combi boiler fails I lose hot water as well as heating. Currently have got a fail safe with the immersion heater.

The boiler has 18 radiators to feed, these range from small to large singles & large doubles which are all fitted with thermostatic radiator valves (except the one where the main thermostat is). I might double one or two of the small singles in the future hence my liking for a bigger output boiler over what I already have.

I have got double glazing, cavity wall insulation & a water softener if that makes any difference?

Many thanks if anyone can help?

if youve decided on one of those 3, then the viessmans without the weather compensator kit!
there are a few posts with boiler recommendations on them. read through them all.

good luck
shaun

Is there anything wrong with the compensator kit - I have read some threads that recommend fitting one?

no not at all, the compensator internal and external temp sensors if set up correctly, could knock 20% off your fuel bill.
however, because they are multi wired into the pcb with no simple overide for the extras, it makes fault finding more complicated and time consuming.
make sure to get mutliple opinions on this, your spending a wad of money, dont just take my opinion

good luck
shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to System or Coventional Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Back