Discuss Radiator needs bleeding every 3 weeks or so in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GreenockBoy

Hi,

Was looking for some advise, if you can that would be great...

We moved into our flat about a year ago, since then when CH is on one radiator (in bathroom and is radiator furthest away from boiler) needs bleed usually once every 3 weeks or so....

Runs from a combi boiler (Worchester 24CDI) ... but only the hot tap water runs through the boiler from the cold mains - The radiators are fed from a storage tank in loft via the boiler (we are top flat) directly above the boiler...

Not sure why this one radiator needs bled so often. CH was off for a good few months over summer and when we put CH back on recently it was fine, heated up no problem ... so its not loosing water (if it loosing water at all) when the system is not running...

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on it?

Ta... :)

possibly only loosing water when hot.
check all the pipes you can when the heating's on.

Hi, thanks for all replies. Hopefully nothing serious then, just annoying having to bleed once a month.....

** There is about roughly 4~5 foot between boiler and f/e tank ...

when the heating fires up the pump could be sucking air in through the open vent, are you able to raise the f/e tank to give better head hieght.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator needs bleeding every 3 weeks or so in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back