Discuss overflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gdrummond

have domestic tank overflowing.fitted new cylinder ,header tank and new sealed system boiler about 2 years ago . never have to fill up sealed side (heating) but water pours out of domestic overflow and i mean pours like the coil in the cylinder has gone,had 5 new ball valves, overflow connection 5 inches below ,watch hot water expanding up cold feed which is the correct way for a cylinder but it keeps rising. normal y plan.i have 31 years ex ,had 2 gas technicians and 5 plumbers round who i know ,still pours out overflow any ideas?8i think it has to be the cylinder but customer has never topped up the filling loop in 2 years. cheers Graham

Tough one that is - would be interested myself to know the outcome :)

Hang on, are you saying there is an open vent on a sealed system?

Last edited by a moderator:
shut off the mains stopcock see if it stops.
if so sounds like your have a faulty mixer valve or monobloc tap passing cold water mains to gravity hot water.
faulty non return valve.

shut off the mains stopcock see if it stops.
if so sounds like your have a faulty mixer valve or monobloc tap passing cold water mains to gravity hot water.
faulty non return valve.

had same problem last week was a faulty mixer shower , cold water passing the hot check valve

If you never needed to top up the filling loop it isn't water from the primary circuit leaking into the DHW side as if it was, the pressure would drop. Sound like a faulty non-return valve to me.

Shouldn't the feeds to mixer showers / mixer taps be balanced?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to overflow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am reinstating an indirect hot water tank and have 2 cold water feeds coming into it from the same supply. One of the feeds has a float...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock