Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflow Direct DD 210 System questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is one of my first jobs and am looking for some advice

Am installing a Megaflow system and have almost completed it, however found fitting the 22mm cold inlet pipe very difficult and could only get it in 2mm, called the Baxi engineer and he could not believe it and has ordered a new cylinder, luckily it is covered by warranty, has anyone else had a similar problem?

Also when I have installed it, what is the solution for flushing, I have been recommended Sentinal X100, would this be best or does anyone have any other ideas?

Also what is the best way of getting the flushing solution into the system

At the moment there is no way of commissoning the system as the bathroom it will be suppling is not built yet and will not be for a while. So what would be the best way of checking the system for leaks and to make sure it works? I guess I need some form of tap to be fitted onto the end of the hot water feed pipe, in order to get rid of the air?

Many thanks

Paul

If you know what you are doing then you wouldn't ask about the X100!!! This is a central heating inhibitor, you have fitted a DIRECT Cylinder? So.. there is no central heating. As for asking what is the best way to check for leaks, do the job right first time then there will be no leaks, however you could air test it.
Have you got your Unvented Cert??

these are like bombs,you have not got your unvented certs,by the sound of your post.get someone in who is qualified.from the sound of it your a diyer

Hi

Thank you for your replies, yes I have my BPEC unvented hot water storage systems certificate and am aware of the dangers. It will be checked over before it is comissioned

many thanks

Paul

Hi

Thank you for your replies, yes I have my BPEC unvented hot water storage systems certificate and am aware of the dangers. It will be checked over before it is comissioned

many thanks

Paul

If you have your Unvented cert then why are you asking about flushing with X100? also why are you asking about pressure testing? These are covered on the course so YOU should know this as you have done the course. Who have you got to check it over? If they went on the same course as you I would be worryed.

Welcome to the forum. I've never read this thread. Bloomin worrying. Proves that the day course for fitting unvented cylinders falls woefully short of the standards that are really required for fitting something that has so many potential dangers if done improperly.

Not least flooding....and at worse....a major rupture, and explosion.

Dosing with corrosion inhibitor. Madness. 2mm in the cold inlet. What was he trying to do? I reckon solder the pipe in the threaded connection. Funny if it wasn't so serious. That is in someones home....and they paid for it to be there.

are you sure this is a direct cylinder? i think he is talking about an indirect cylinder and asking what the best inhibitor is to use on the heating side

I think it is a direct cylinder and he is just a complete novice. I've just looked at his threads started. He's a training fast tracker at southampton college. In his 40's, and in the middle of a career change from travel to plumbing.

He's asked a lot of very odd questions. Including in this threads instance, how to check it for leaks. I genuinely think he thought he had to fill it up and dose it with Sentinal. I could be wrong. Either way, my point is....this guy is installing these cylinders in peoples homes. For money. By the sounds of it, without the help of a properly trained and time served plumber.

Doesn't that worry you a tiny bit?

This is definitely a wind up! Inhibitor for a DIRECT cylinder.wouldnt like a bath at there house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflow Direct DD 210 System questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello ! I have recently moved into a new house – or rather a 1960s built house. The central heating system looks to be around 10-12 years old Its conventional mains gas boiler central heating system (not a combi) the boiler is an “Ideal logic 18” – with hot water tank in an upstairs airing...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a challenging and interesting problem, which I'll try as best to describe below keeping to the point and as short as possible, to avoid boring any of...
Replies
Views
Air entering central heating system and hot water pumping over into make up tank in artic when h/c control is switched on. There is no problem when only c/h is on! this situation as only occurred since replacing my Grundfos UPS2 with a UPS3 I have tried the pump on different speeds . On the box...
Replies
Views
P
Hi. I have a hot water high pressure problem that my heating engineer (and other engineers that he has spoken to) cannot fix. I’m hoping someone on the forum can explain what is happening and how to resolve it. My hot water system uses an air bubble at the top of the hot water tank for...
Replies
Views
Hello, Around 2 years ago we had a very old, leaky Baxi combi replaced with a newer Baxi. For background I live in a 3 storey terrace. First floor has 3 rads, second floor has 4 rads and third floor has 2 rads. We noticed problems with noise and air in the system. One of the rads in the loft...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock