Discuss Is it all doom and gloom?!?!?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

evildoctorjon

Hello all,

first post here to introduce myself! Having been a DJ for the last 20 years, the time has come to get a proper job! (As my dad has been telling me non stop for all of the 20 years!!)

Always enjoyed D.I.Y and after doing a full bathroom install in a house refurb for my sister thought....yeah..this could be a good way to go.. Won't deny it, was a difficult job but picked up everything I needed to know through asking questions and scouring the web.

Since then I have completed another full Bathroom, including all the tiling, installed a couple of showers and fixed a few dripping taps..all for very little financial reward, but great experience. Time to take it to the next level, and get some recognised qualifications...if only to stop my familiy taking advantage of my generosity!!

So signed up for OLCI (stop the groans....!!) and have completed C+G 6129...truly enjoyed the lead....Am now looking to complete the 6089.

Now being a realist, I know the pipes are not lined with gold. I don't want it all, I just want enough to be comfortable...I'll do any job within my capabilities, anywhere. . . . .so ignoring all the negativity about fast trackers coming into the industry...what are the chances of me making a living out of this??

And if anybody wants a hard working, good tea-making apprentice with all his own tools and a bit of nouse to do all the nasty bits....any where in West Yorks...give me the nod!!

By the way, neither am I evil or a doctor!

Look forward to being part of the community!!
:):):)

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hello evildoctorjon, welcome aboard www.UKPlumbersForums.co.uk. Stick around, I'm sure you'll like the place. :)

Re: Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumb

hope your name is jon then !!

welcome to forum

Hi jon

So its
From mixes to mixers
From raps to taps
From Beats to bathroom suites

good luck to you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it all doom and gloom?!?!?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could provide some guidance dealing with a very difficult situation I'm in. Some of you helped me with another...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
Hi guys, been a while since I had a proper moan but been feeling a bit dejected with work at the moment. Not sure if i'm over reacting or being...
Replies
Views
M
any local lads from liverpool who want some work experience installing bathrooms, plus bit of tiling and plastering ? the young lad am learnin is...
Replies
Views
tiling spread
T
M
hello all newby here, just thought i'd post a thread about the negative comments on the 6129 course, i went straight onto the course from school...
Replies
Views
Henno82
H
C
Hello all, Basically, ive recently come to the end of my seasonal contract working as a general maintenance operative on a holiday park, but my...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
Back