Discuss City and Guilds 6129 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MDH.PLUMBER

hello all newby here, just thought i'd post a thread about the negative comments on the 6129 course, i went straight onto the course from school at 16 in 2006 and was told get an apprenticeship i couldnt so completed me level 2 and 3 tech certs and me water regs and unvented h/w early 2009 but to be fair i had a really good tutor, further to that i done me part p whilst working for me brother and done a tiling and plastering course am now self employed doing all aspects of bathrooms, theres young lads who have probly got better skills than some qualfied so called plumbers out there i get the odd your not qualified enough and just laugh it off am only 20 been self employed 6 months and i've got loads of work on and a 16 year old lad having a go on the tools for 80 quid a week, am only young meself i got good advice on going self employed from an agency. i just think young lads need a fair chance to prove themselves.:D

when they say you haven't got enough qualifications what they probably mean is because you're quite young relatively speaking your experience must be limited. i wouldn't dream of putting someone down like that. someone of your age getting on with it and even having someone else working for them is excellent and i wish you every good fortune for the future.

oh welcome to the forums by the way.

thanks steve, true what they say though with my age, i wish i could take 5 lads on. dont get me wrong id work with a company to get me quals if i could thats why i'm limited to bathroom fitting its not rocket science:eek:, its what ive wanted to do. am thinking about doing a renewables course but avent really heard of any good quals to get, everyone will be asking for renewables quals soon as a neccessary not an "advantage" haha so think i'll have a go at that, am lucky really i get alot of work off a landlord and property developer me girlfriends dad knows he does the plastering for him. And also if anyone from the liverpool area reads this if he ever wants heating systems doing which is quite often ill post the jobs on here.:D

Welcome mate and good on you......the right attitude is part of what its about.

indeed that is really impressive and fair play to you i think you are going to do really well in life with that attitude, although i can't help but laugh to myself as i read your posts in a scouse accent : )

henno picks on the scouser hahahah:eek: how is the world of plumbing anyway every1:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to City and Guilds 6129 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock