Discuss Icos He15 not working. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mojo-jojo

Hi,
I have an Icos HE15 (not by choice!) Yesterday the display vanished and the boiler stopped working. Have checked fuse. Seems from what I can gather a PCB is needed. There are lots of complaints all over the net about these boilers! My question is: if I order the part as cheaply as I can, is it safe to fit it myself? I do have the installation booklet and it looks like a straight swap.
Single parent with very little money!
Any advice gratefully received. Thanks

cant help with your problem but i guess warmfront is in their somewhere , they were trying to fit an icos in my house till i convinced them they were fitting a worcester bosch , hope you get sorted :)

possibly pcb and display board.ive done a few and most times it needed both .board is quite straight forward but pcb comes with links that have to be positioned into the correct pins depending on which boiler the board is going into.

ant

Don`t try to repair it your self please these are not the best boilers full stop - Where do you live some body on here is surely close by to fix it properly without being ripped off

I'm in Norwich area. Thanks for replies. I had the display board off earlier to have a look and nothing looked too complicated! The diagrams in the guide are very clear about what goes where. My only worry is if anything affects the gas causing carbonmonoxide. The boiler is in airing cupboard in my daughters room. My problem is I can't really even afford the part let alone labour. I guess it just looked like something I could do. As it stands we've no hot water or anything. The boiler was installed by previous owner but looking at them online today I can see they really aren't great.

dont know how you stand these days legaly there was a debate a few years ago about electricians removing boiler covers to wire them up .dont know what the out come was.i know the board is not cheap over 100 and the display board cheaper.

ant

The board is ÂŁ292.00 and it is not to difficult to do ....what you take out ..you put back in the exact same way ...including the pins in the new board ... if in doubt ....

Hehe if in doubt cry? I figured it looks like a straight part swap. I found it on ebay for ÂŁ100 with a year guarentee. Also the manual that I do have is very clear about what goes where. I guess I will just have to give it a try. At least then I won't be charged a hugely inflated price for parts if I fail! Maybe it's a bit sad that there are so many cowboys around that it's hard to trust anyone. Thanks to everyone.

Hi, Mojo-jojo: I've an HE15 in my new-build house, the boiler of which I happened to check-out online... and discovered lots of people like yourself with problems - particularly, it seems, about the pcb. I've established form posts that the pcb's prior to the latest (version 9 - in an orange case) are crap but that the v9 is (hopefully!) more reliable.

In case mine eventually 'blows', I'd be glad to know how you got on with your 'self fix'. I hope it works for you...

Best wishes,

frmarcus

Hehe if in doubt cry? I figured it looks like a straight part swap. I found it on ebay for ÂŁ100 with a year guarentee. Also the manual that I do have is very clear about what goes where. I guess I will just have to give it a try. At least then I won't be charged a hugely inflated price for parts if I fail! Maybe it's a bit sad that there are so many cowboys around that it's hard to trust anyone. Thanks to everyone.

i dont think these boilers are as bad as people make out . had a few pcb problems / ignitor problems/combustion chamber insulation falling on heat exchanger and one with a scaled condensing heat exchanger totaly blocked with grey scale from flue after 2 years but all in all they are not bad.

ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Icos He15 not working. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Would really appreciate thoughts We have an ICOS HE15 (now nearly 9 years old - installed in new build), I installed a tado v1 about 4 years ago...
Replies
Views
drbennyb
D
M
Hi all, boiler did the same 2 years ago but corrected itself before I had time to investigate i have an icos he15 in the kitchen, which is...
Replies
Views
M2RTY
M
M
Hi all, I'm having trouble with our Ideal Icos HE24 boiler at home as it appears to be short cycling. Going to try and keep this concise but...
Replies
Views
D
Hello Folks , first time on here so be gentle ! Worcester Greenstar 24Ri LPG boiler I have a conventional vented heating system with hot water...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
H
Hi, hoping someone could point me in the right direction. i had a new PCB fitted to my boiler yesterday. The central heating works fine, however...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock