Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Icos HE15 won't turn off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M2RTY

Hi all,

boiler did the same 2 years ago but corrected itself before I had time to investigate

i have an icos he15 in the kitchen, which is working ok, but when the hot water or heating stops being called for , the "c" is still displayed on the boiler, and the burner light flashes slowly

The boiler does not actually fire at this point, it remains silent, as expected

however, in my upstairs boiler cupboard, I can hear water from under the cylinder

am I right in thinking a valve is stuck? Easy job to replace if so? It's doing it about 90% of the time now. Do I need to power the full lot off at the wall for it to be safe when no heating or water is being called for?

thanks

there is but it depends how you are with electricity . assuming you have another valve you have a S plan , if you trace the wires back you will find a wiring center with a mass of wires , not for the fainthearted .

Am I right in thinking this is the valve under the storage tank?

HONEYWELL MOTORIZED VALVE
V4043H1056

any way to test it?

Thanks

Its a new build ouse so all the complaints are nearly arranged with plenty of accesss. Wire centre is there and accessible, no problem running some tests electronically thanks.

Cant see another valve though? Only 1. Can that be the case?

They're not always together.

Check voltage on orange wire when nothing is calling for heat. If it has 230 V, then the micro switch is closed. That can be caused by a jammed open valve, stuck micro switch etc.

IF YOU DO DECIDE TO TACKLE THIS YOURSELF, PLEASE ISOLATE THE SUPPLY AND CHECK THAT THERE IS NO VOLTAGE ANYWHERE IN THE BOX YOU'RE WORKING IN. CHECK IT WITH A GOOD MULTIMETER.
DON'T RELY ON VOLTSTICKS OR CHEAP METERS.

I'm presuming you're DIY here of course, if you're not then I apologise.

They're not always together.

Check voltage on orange wire when nothing is calling for heat. If it has 230 V, then the micro switch is closed. That can be caused by a jammed open valve, stuck micro switch etc.

IF YOU DO DECIDE TO TACKLE THIS YOURSELF, PLEASE ISOLATE THE SUPPLY AND CHECK THAT THERE IS NO VOLTAGE ANYWHERE IN THE BOX YOU'RE WORKING IN. CHECK IT WITH A GOOD MULTIMETER.
DON'T RELY ON VOLTSTICKS OR CHEAP METERS.

I'm presuming you're DIY here of course, if you're not then I apologise.

Im diy yes, and shall get an engineer to do the work, but I like to learn how things work in life and have a bit of knowledge before asking for the professionals haha!!

tha is for your help so far. Still can't find a second one at all though!!

You may not have one, it may be a 'C' plan !

Heating engineer you need.
Not a spark or basic plumber

You may not have one, it may be a 'C' plan !

Heating engineer you need.
Not a spark or basic plumber

I have seen a Drayton zone valve actuator ZA5.

Could this be the faulty in these circumstances?

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Icos HE15 won't turn off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock