Search the forum,

Discuss ICOS HE15, TADO, hot water only absolutely no heating though in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drbennyb

Would really appreciate thoughts

We have an ICOS HE15 (now nearly 9 years old - installed in new build), I installed a tado v1 about 4 years ago, and just upgraded to the v3 model 2 weeks ago. All worked at first, but now I have absolutely no central heating whatsoever. I do have hot water though.....

A quick look suggests valves might be an issue, but it worked last week and now nothing. I have reset the boiler - displayed 0, or CH when hot water is on. I have reset the Tado - it initiates the boiler on restarting. Radiators all stone cold, tado suggests it is asking the boiler to work, but nothing is actually happening - boiler not firing up at all...

Any thoughts
Pressure is in the system 1.4bar (won't go higher it seems)
I have also included a photo of the storage tank and pumps etc

Thanks
Ben

Attachments

• Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 14
First protocol would be to call tado and check if everything is working at their end. Everything has to match at both sides.

Have you tried to manually turn the heating up on the room stat ?

As far as I know the timing for dhw is usually stored on the extension kit.

Funny you have hot water, immersion heater isnt switched on is it ? .

I presume you have and S plan system in which case your heating zone valve may have failed, I would advise getting a gas safe engineer in to fault find

Thanks for the replies....interesting it was a problem with the Tado. They had told me to wire the thermostat incorrectly (wireless method but set up on their system as wired). This meant something went wrong with their server (it seems) so the boiler just would not respond to a heating request, but as water was separate that was fine. Annoyingly this was only figured out after paying a plumber and an engineer to assess the system - suspect my whole years savings have been wiped out by those two costs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ICOS HE15, TADO, hot water only absolutely no heating though in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock