Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 24Ri LPG boiler hot water ok but no central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

digbyl123

Hello Folks , first time on here so be gentle !

Worcester Greenstar 24Ri LPG boiler

I have a conventional vented heating system with hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard . The whole system is 4 years old and runs on LPG . I have a salus pump , 3 port valve and control pack . The pump was replaced a year ago as although it seemed to work was not actually circulating any water ?
Everything was fine until 3 weeks ago , the central heating stopped working . The Hot water is working perfectly on the timer and the boiler comes on and goes off as it should . If I just pust the central heating on , or have it on timer the boiler seems to initialise but the green ignition light does not come on and it shuts down . The blue light does not flash to indicate a fault code . The room thermostate appears to operate ok and I changed the head on the 3 port valve as I have a spare . I have tested the 2 fuses on the PCB in the boiler and these are both OK

It seems the boiler isn't triggering the 3 port valve to go to port B ( C.H.) position

Could this be a fault with the PCB in the boiler ? Can you test the wiring to the 3 port valve from the boiler ?

Any help would be gratefully received , Thanks , Digs

\\

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 24Ri LPG boiler hot water ok but no central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock