Discuss 6129 TC'S Going? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it will run until 2011 but your mixing up registration dates and certification dates. obviously the certification date has to give time for people to acheive who have been registered. so the first date we must note is the registration date which as far as i am still aware is december 2010, the certification dates i think are 18months for the 6129 and 3 years for the 6089, but no NEW candidates can register

anyone give me a link to the new registration dates posted, i stil cannot find proof

fuzzy i am just waiting to get the info off the college tutor and will post on here, there is nothing on the websites regarding this issue as yet, what my tutor has is an update to trainning centres and colleges from city &guilds, as soon as i get it ile post for you 2 see, but from a students point of view we have to with what the tutors are telling us if that makes sense.

i saw an update today on the guilds website, said they are taking registrations until Marhc, still unclear if its funded till march, presume it is. for colleges it makes little diference as most groups start in september, theyll have to run the new one then anyway

So forgive me but are you saying that there is no point me signing up to a 6129 in the next few months as by time i complete it i will not be allowed to go self employed.
Also obtaining the 6089 will no longer be possible even though a mate who has a plumbing company was going to give me some work so i could complete my assessments.
I don't want to fork out 5k+ for nothing.

you may be able to use the 6129 to contribute towards the new diploma if your mate takes you on.

why does getting a 6129 or not have to do with going self employed? the 6129 isnt a full qualificTION BUT MEANT TO BE A STEPPING STONE TO THE NVQ. hit caps lock! you can go self employed plumbing with no quals

I have spoke with Trade Qualified and they say the 6129-02 / 6022 & 6032 are being incorporated into one, these are all part of the PPC2 offered by them so your coursework etc will all change with it.
Should i still go with these i have seen various other threads/posts where people have said the paperwork was not complete, whereas others have raved about it, i suppose you get good and bad in everything i just don't want the bad. I am close to starting so advice is really important whether to go with them or not, they have even invited me to their workshop to see where i would be doing my in house training ATL in southampton, which can't be a bad thing.

dont know the 6022 and 6032, sound like the pipework copper tube courses that are not full quals anyway. what i think they mean is that the 6129 and 6089 is being merged inot one diploma. you still need work to get through and yes this will come into affect from November although registration on old/current courses are valid until April 2011 and you have about 2 years to complete.

Hope this helps you mate, anything else i can help with?

dont know the 6022 and 6032, sound like the pipework copper tube courses that are not full quals anyway. what i think they mean is that the 6129 and 6089 is being merged inot one diploma. you still need work to get through and yes this will come into affect from November although registration on old/current courses are valid until April 2011 and you have about 2 years to complete.

Hope this helps you mate, anything else i can help with?

The 6022 is Domestic Copper Pipework Installation and the 6032 Sanitary Accommodation Installation Maintenance & Design, they are being combined with the 6129-02 L2 Tech Certificate into one.
This is all ok if you want to be self employed but i agree you need to be employed to do the 6089 NVQ Level 2, which if i am right is being incorporated into a Diploma with the first mentioned qualification.
What that means to the 6129 on it's own i don't know.
Apparently it will still be recognized as a pre requisite should you want to go on and do the Diploma at a later date.

6032 and 6022 will probably be part of the 6129 anyway so dont see how they are merging them, sounds like they are just dropping all 3 along with the NVQ to make the diploma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 6129 TC'S Going? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello Plumbers/Gas Engineers, Excuse if this question has been raised but i am in a slight dilemma and for the past 2 weeks the internet has not...
Replies
Views
M
Good morning folks I am writing to you regarding the possibility of working alongside a qualifed plumber as an intermediate experienced trainee...
Replies
Views
Marty32
M
F
Rather than bump and old post, i'll copy it into a new thread and update it for all those people confused over the quals ;) C&G is NOT a...
Replies
Views
M
Trainee Plumber for free in the MIDLANDS (Junction 10 M42) I have taken the City and Guilds 6129 Plumbing Course Full Time at Burton College, as...
Replies
Views
Paulplumb
P
D
Hello I'm suppose to be starting a city and guilds 6129 plumbing course in January and when the tutor came out he gave the usual about the...
Replies
Views
danwill
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock