Search the forum,

Discuss Trainee Plumber for free in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mcmilligan

Trainee Plumber for free in the MIDLANDS (Junction 10 M42)

I have taken the City and Guilds 6129 Plumbing Course Full Time at Burton College, as wish to gain experience within the trade, i am based in Polesworth, just a few mile from Tamworth and Atherstone (Midlands). I have worked with local plasterers etc, but this is not what i want to be doing, i wish to become a plumber/gas engineer in the future. So if anyone wants a young willing lad to work alongside you please get in contact

Kind Regards

David McMilligan

07516 281 620

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking people on for free is a legal minefield, you'll be lucky to find anyone willing to do it I'm afraid. Your course was presumably just a Technical Certificate so you're now looking to do the vocational qualification? Best thing to do is write to local firms, you may find you get knocked back though, everyone's tightening up at the moment and bracing themselves for the possible dip in work when the VAT rise kicks in in January

I don't know if this is true but when I was an apprentice i was told by several people that in the olden days people had to pay for the pleasure of being an apprentice. I can see the logic. Trainee's slow you down. Once the apprentice is trained he could be competing for the same work as your are. Maybe with all these wanna be plumbers it will come back into fashion (if it was true)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trainee Plumber for free in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock