Discuss 6129 TC'S Going? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a bit of an update for anyone wanting to know about the 6129.

had a 2 hour disscussion with the head of department tonight and to cut a long story short, the last registration date for the nvq(6089) has changed from the 31st of december 2010 to the 31st march 2011, there will be no way you can transfer what you have already done onto the new diploma(6189) so if you havnt got employment or someone with the correct quals there is no way you can complete the full level 2(6129&6089) or be accepted onto the new diploma which i am told will begin in january, also just to add the 6219 will be officially scrapped in june 2012 regardless of if you have finished the course or not.

hope this helps.

andy.

Andy

Heard roughly the same but think there may be bridging courses or something to help people who are half way through. Either way think the training providers will be severly hit as also any new course offered will have to be validated and be what people want.

not heard bout the registration being extended for the nvq? very odd, they run hand in hand

the tutor said last night that this was solid infomation, the last reg date for the nvq is 31st of march not the 31st of december, and there will be no bridging unit whatso ever, if you cant complete the nvq side of things you will have to start the diploma from scratch.

if i hear any more i will let you all know.

Hi All , well as i understand things.....the 6129 will still run untill 2012 but no new registrations are being taken, so if you are on this one you will have time to complete it . The full NVQ 6129 & 6089 are still being enrolled untill march 2011 and will run for the full length of the course i.e 2 years . im sure the same rules will remain in force for the 6089 ( you have 5 years to complete this from date of registration) so i am quite sure that if you only have the 6129 and get employed before march 2011 you will still have time to complete this . I know there are lots of plumbers signing up with colleges at the moment with just the 6129 rushing to get their 6089.
Colin

does anyone have a link to the new registration dates for the nvq please?

also, it was my understanding that you would be credited with your 6129 units against the new diploma, if this is now not the case it is a big big decision by summitskills!

fuzzy, when i go into college ile have a word with the tutor and ask him if he will allow me to post the info he recieved from summit skills/ city & guilds.

from what he said the other night summit skills are being very petty regarding the 6129&6089 and if it was up to them they would of scraped all together and just rolled out the new course, but things aren't always that simple as we all know.

the qual should have been out by now, thats not summitskils problem thats the awading bodys, ie C&G's. they get the criteria and then write the course. it is their fault they are behind, but trying to blame somebody else

[DLMURL="http://www.cityandguilds.com/48700.html"]December 2009: Plumbing (6089 and 6129)[/DLMURL]

this is the only info i can find on the registration dates?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi fuzzy where about up north are you ? i heard the same thing the 6129 is going to run until march 2011 from my college tutor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 6129 TC'S Going? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello Plumbers/Gas Engineers, Excuse if this question has been raised but i am in a slight dilemma and for the past 2 weeks the internet has not...
Replies
Views
M
Good morning folks I am writing to you regarding the possibility of working alongside a qualifed plumber as an intermediate experienced trainee...
Replies
Views
Marty32
M
F
Rather than bump and old post, i'll copy it into a new thread and update it for all those people confused over the quals ;) C&G is NOT a...
Replies
Views
M
Trainee Plumber for free in the MIDLANDS (Junction 10 M42) I have taken the City and Guilds 6129 Plumbing Course Full Time at Burton College, as...
Replies
Views
Paulplumb
P
D
Hello I'm suppose to be starting a city and guilds 6129 plumbing course in January and when the tutor came out he gave the usual about the...
Replies
Views
danwill
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock