Search the forum,

Discuss 2 Rads not working... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yiano1234

Hi all,

I am having a problem with 2 radiators in a house not working at all. I have taken the rads off the wall and opened up the valves via a hose pipe and there is water coming out all valves. The water is clear.

When I put the radiators back on the wall, they are only briefly hot with the water I use to fill them back up with, then they run cold.

I have shut down all the other rads in the house and they still do not get warm.

The only thing I can this it could be is that, they have been piped up wrong, eg with to flows, but I am told that they use to work fine.

They are tall, thin modern rads and not your conventional radiator.

The house was powerflushed by Brittish Gas 2 years ago.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thing is, when you take rad off and open rad valves, water comes out of both valves at a decent flow rate.

Going to go back and try changing the valves to see if for some reason they are not 2 way valves, although rads use to work with these same valves.

Failing that, will connect the mains onto the rad valves to try to blast out anything., although i'm really clutching at straws now.

mmm sorry yes i didn't read your post properly....

have you taken them out and put a hose pipe through them to check flow through the rad? See if anythings gunked inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 Rads not working... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock