Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator half hot and half cold in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all.

I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half.
Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector.
System was flushed just last year.
Both flow and return values are fully open and don't stick.
Boiler is serviced each year.
Baxi combi boiler about 8 ton9 years old.
Pressure is 1.5bar.
All rads(7) have been vented in the house.

I've tried turning all other radiators off which did heat the rad up, but once others are back on, same again.

My bolier is in the loft with the living room rad and kitchen rad(1800mm DP DC) being the furthest from the boiler. Kitchen rad get hot with no issue.

Any advise to trybfix this issue.

Many thanks.
Mickey.

Reply to Radiator half hot and half cold in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Looking for some advice please. Got a building, all one level with 7 radiators. 3 individual ones in separate rooms then 4 radiators all together in one large room. The issue is with the 4 radiators in the large room. Basically not getting hot, the first 10% of the radiator is...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock