Search the forum,

Discuss rads cold no indication of boiler fault HW fine (pls urgent) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout

I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone cold and no fault codes coming from the boiler just a constand "c" indicating a call for CH is on and the boiler does sound like it's on also HW is fine and hot straight out of the tap

Any idea what it could be

Further info

Boiler is an Ideal Combi 35
Rad valves are all open on TRV's and lockshield
Flow pipe is warm return valve is hot but rest of the pipe is cold

Any further info needed please ask, desperate for guests not to to spend xmas in several layers

Sorry quick update and free xmas blooper for heating engineers

Had an aladdin isolation valve closed hidden behind the wahing machine from when we had a leak, inlet hose must of grabbed it when we had the washing machine pulled out to be fixed

still suprised the boiler didn't fault when there was no circulation

With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap does the boiler just fire up and provide HW?., when you close the hot tap does the boiler just stop firing?.

Have you got motorized zone valves?.

Reply to rads cold no indication of boiler fault HW fine (pls urgent) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock