Discuss What system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

glennw

Customer currently has combi, but poor pressure to showers (only about 1.5 bar on incoming main.)

Wants to change complete system.

Doesn't want any loft tanks, although happy to have water storage in adjacent garage.
What would be the best system to give good shower pressure?

Just a thought !!

How about

Putting a normal cylinder in the garage with a tank above it also in the garage and fit a negative head pump on pipework to outlets to allow pressure to be increased to 3 Bar at said outlets

Just a thought !!

How about

Putting a normal cylinder in the garage with a tank above it also in the garage and fit a negative head pump on pipework to outlets to allow pressure to be increased to 3 Bar at said outlets
or the other way round put tank in garage and pump thru unvented cylinder taking cold from balanced supply

Thanks Guys.
Pumping out of a vented cylinder & cold tank in the garage makes sense and then just pressurising the central heating to eliminate F&E tank.
Is there any major downside to this as opposed to pumping into a pressurised cylinder which would be more expensive?
Thanks

Thanks Guys.
Pumping out of a vented cylinder & cold tank in the garage makes sense and then just pressurising the central heating to eliminate F&E tank.
Is there any major downside to this as opposed to pumping into a pressurised cylinder which would be more expensive?
Thanks[
no need to change the boiler just use it as a system boiler with combi hot just to kitchen or dont use the hot at all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Back