Search the forum,

Discuss Problems with shower pressure in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and utility room. Once installed the en-suite rainfall shower flow/pressure was woeful and so an accumulator was then installed. However mains pressure is so low, it can only charge accumulator to 1.5 bar so shower is more than a drip but still barely squeezes the droplets out. Water company says pressure is within acceptable limits.

Looking for advice on how to solve without throwing the brand new combi away. Can I pump the incoming mains? Can I pump up the accumulator? Looking for a good solution that limits how much more money I need to spend but can get a decent shower.

Many thanks

Need a break tank and pump eg dab easy system eg

And bin off the accumulator as it’s not fit for purpose on low incoming pressures it’s for when you have high incoming mains pressure but low flow

There may be filters or flow restricting devices in the shower head.
If you are able to, remove the shower head and remove the restricting devices.

Or do what we do, if the shower head has no restictors that can be removed,the manufacturer may have only manufactured the shower head with a small hole through which the water can pass through - drill it out bigger.

There may be filters or flow restricting devices in the shower head.
If you are able to, remove the shower head and remove the restricting devices.

Or do what we do, if the shower head has no restictors that can be removed,the manufacturer may have only manufactured the shower head with a small hole through which the water can pass through - drill it out bigger.
Is it posssible to install a booster pump, of the required flow and pressure to into the mains supply to bring it up to the max flow the boiler is supposed to attain. PS I have the same problem. 😩

Reply to Problems with shower pressure in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock