Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Water leaking from side of House in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

petepp3

Hi,
I have a worrying issue whereby when I use my upstairs shower (3rd floor) I have water leaking out of the external brickwork form the side of my house on the 2nd floor. I have removed part of the ceiling from ryje oom on the 2nd floor (as close to where the water is leaking) to get a better look of what is happening but it it bone dry.

Does anyone know what sort ofof tradesman I would use to help resolve the issue. I have asked two plumbers to have a look and they both say that they can fix the leak if I can get them access to it. Problem is I don't know who can make access.

Thanks
Pete

nasty one this as water travels and isnt allways coming from where its exiting
give your location someone might be local on here

Could it be running from the waste pipe? I came across a case once where a rat had travelled up the soil stack and chewed a hole through a white plastic waste pipe just inside the wall.

none of your options are good imo
to eleiminate the possible leaks mean ripping things apart a bit ime afraid it can only be coming from the waste pipe or feed i know that sounds obvious but its that simple try running shower with hot only and see if it is hot or cold exiting via the wall

Has anyone used a plunger on a waste recently to clear a blockage? If the waste pipes are the push fit type a joint may have blown apart.

Unfortunately nothing has been touched.
The only was I can think to resolve is to have someone remove the bricks for the side of my house where the water is coming out and trace it back.

Coming from the 2nd floor? i take it you can see it from one of the ingoes around a window? is it coming from a level below the shower tray or bath?

I've had something like this before. it was on a new build kit house where the shower tray was cemented in and wasnt sealed properly. so the water just ran through the partition and out in a crack in the ingo. We could see it driping onto the window ledge when the shower was running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water leaking from side of House in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock