Discuss Viessmann Boiler Installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ricm

I am thinking of replacing an old Potterton Netaheat Boiler with a Viessmann boiler. Existing DHW cylinder to remain. Existing CH system to remain. Existing plumbing to DHW and CH is already four-pipe. What would be a reasonable ballpark budget to allow?

I understand that if there are problems with the existing DHW and CH then this naturally would be charged extra.

Thanks,

Ric

Work to include:

1. clean system
  2. remove old boiler
  3. fit Vitodens 200-W
  4. fit Vitotronic 200 controller
  5. fit Vitotrol 300 controller (hard-wired) to hall
  6. fit cylinder stat and servo (none at present)
  7. rust inhibitor
  8. commissioning to check existing CH and DHW system for leaks

I am thinking of replacing an old Potterton Netaheat Boiler with a Viessmann boiler. Existing DHW cylinder to remain. Existing CH system to remain. Existing plumbing to DHW and CH is already four-pipe. What would be a reasonable ballpark budget to allow?

I understand that if there are problems with the existing DHW and CH then this naturally would be charged extra.

Thanks,

Ric

Work to include:

1. clean system
  2. remove old boiler
  3. fit Vitodens 200-W
  7. rust inhibitor
Very nice choice of boiler. Why not not upgrade your cylinder to one with better insulation and high kw coil for hot water recovery in half the time. pm sent edit wont let me send you a pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Existing plumbing to DHW and CH is already four-pipe.
That means you have a pumped heating, gravity circulation hot water system. Building regulations say that it has to be converted to a fully pumped system. This will require a change in the piping and the installation of one or two motorized valves and a cylinder thermostat.

dont forget to have the system cleaned,inhibitor is not enough on its own

Excellewnt choice of boiler. The weather comp on that machine is outstanding, I don't know what cylinder you have but replacing that with the Viessman unvented and 4 pipeing the boiler is the only way you can work it with the weather comp so you have to change it regardless. You can't use the Weather compensation control on a Viessman with standard 240 volt s plan controls. That being the case you are looking at 3 - 4k ex vat for a pucker job.

Make sure you get a Viessman approved installer to get your 5 year warranty. I am one but I am in Scotland.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i am approved also , I put an older model vitoden combi 30kw ,viessmann have been out already and i was there yesterday customer just called saying still playing up, this is a week now and i still havnt been paid aaagh

Thanks,

Ric

Work to include:

1. clean system
  2. remove old boiler
  3. fit Vitodens 200-W
  7. rust inhibitor

Just done a job like this but fitted unvented cylinder as well on a 4 pipe system and total bill just under £4000 (not a veissmann cylinder but would have made the job simpler, no need for two port valve on V/m cyl.)

Eco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viessmann Boiler Installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Objective: I have an existing s-plan plus (see below for details) heating and hot water system, with 2 independent heating zones. There is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, At our old flat, we had a combi boiler which dealt with heating and hot water without an additional tank. There was an external timer...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 126113
D
Hi, Getting an extension built as well as some alterations to the layout of our house. Been quoted £6k incl VAT for the plumbing and heating...
Replies
Views
I have two Vitodens 200-W system boilers connected via a low loss header. They are about 7 years old and have run perfectly since they were first...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in the middle of planning a new boiler stove system for my house. As a back story I've no idea when it comes to plumbing, I've done some...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock