Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Sideways Concealed Cistern Advice!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

david87654321

Hi, Hoping you may be able to advice me...

I'm trying to fit a toilet between a wall and a door - a 2ft gap. Sadly I also need to fit in a 1ft pipe to one side behind the toilet - and can't afford to move the toilet forward. I therefore need my 400mm approx pan to overlap the front of this additional large pipe, in order to clear the door, and find a way of squeezing in a concealed cistern on the other side.

I am therefore trying to find a cistern that is no more than 1ft (300mm) wide, which I would then mount SIDEWAYS (so the width becomes the depth) allowing the flush pipe to keep as close as possible to the middle of my 2ft gap, and further allowing a 400mm wide toilet pan still to be floor mounted. Does that make sense?

Can anyone foresee any pitfalls with this idea (such as fixing a flush button/handle), or have a better recommendation, such as an off-set cistern (although I have been warned this may cause the water to flush with little impact)...

Thanks for any help or advice you may have...
David :)

Hi david

you probably would have more success with a plastic waste paper bin

Have you considered one of those powered flushers. Never fitted one myself but I've seen them in a hotel. Perhaps someone else here has.

powered flushers or "fluxors" are just a mains fed pipe direct to pan, ok in europe, but you'd have to work your way around our building regs to fit one here!

Thanks everyone... anyone know where I might be able to find the narrowest concealed cistern?

Another idea altogether -

Have you room for a high level cistern above head height?

stick the cistern in the loft then bring down via the boxing a 11/2'' pipe to a low level cistern pan using 2- 90 deg bends, flushed as whpes says, via a long chain h.l.c through cieling idea.

Thank you everyone... yes, loft idea is a gooden, there is a bedroom in the loft above, but I may be able to offset the cistern a little to get it into the eaves storage (and then buy a quiet flushing one!). The cistern won't fit higher within the bathroom itself sadly - as the other pipe runs all the way up through the roof (it's the flue for the fire in the lounge below).

You could fit a silent fill valve to your cistern if it is a high level one.

If you can I would test the high level idea prior to actually installing it,
the added force may cause the flush to be more powerfull than the pan can handle and
result in water and turds hitting the ceiling.

You can get round this by fitting a few right angle bends in the flush pipe to slow it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sideways Concealed Cistern Advice!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation...
Replies
Views
C
Advice would be very much appreciated. We have a tiled-in concealed cistern and a floating toilet pan (wall-hung). The concealed cistern and wall...
Replies
Views
C
I have a problem with a downstairs toilet not clearing solid waste. It's an old type Royal Doulton low level type with a bottom exit into the...
Replies
Views
C
Hi Please forgive if this question is too simple After flushing the loo takes ages to refill water. It says online I should change the filled...
Replies
Views
cidfenmaria
C
Hi! Can you give me some advice please?. I live in a one bed on the 3rd floor of a 12 year old flat. I have a mildly bad smell that seems to be...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock