Search the forum,

Discuss Sentinel x800 cleaner - what colour and should their be lumps???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M7R

Following on from my alien in the header tank thread, I have now cleaned it all, and I am about to add my cleaner ready for the flush tomorrow... However I have just opened the bottle of sentinel x800 cleaner and its brown like sand! And has lumps in it?!? Is this right??? Or do I need to get something else and symphon off the header again??? If some one could let me know ASAP it would be appreciated,as if I need something else in off to screwfix and the eBay seller of the 5 bottles I have will be getting a kicking!! (If its not right what do others reccomend?? Fernox f5??? Screwfix es own cleaner?? I want a heavy duty cleaner as the systems old and I suspect never cleaned properly..
cheers

karl

The X800 is old. Probably been lying around for ages. Bin it and buy a fresh one.

In my experience it goes lumpy when its been frozen. Its like chunks of caramel.
There is a load of it knocking about. A couple of merchants near me bought loads and flog it for 8 quid but its carp.
It was just left outside over winter.
Label on bottle clearly states 'do not freeze'

Second bottle seemed better, I have now emailed the seller... I thought it was too good to be true! The sellers been a pita from start to finish! Sent it out late, promised a extra bottle to make up for it being late... No bottle, but I did get a ÂŁ7 refund... And now this!! I still have 3 bottle of this and wondering if any of its any good!! Ill go screwfix tomorrow and get a couple of new bottles plus some x100..

full refund by PayPal here I come!

That's normally my rule too... But I know sometimes screwfix isn't that cheap... Howeve lesson learnt

I'll sell you a couple of bottles of F5 Express if you like. Fresh stuff :lol:

Got a full refund off the seller a couple of days after opening the case with him on ebay..seller is jasbmw123 avoid like the plague! all 5 bottles were buggered! ended up with 2 bottles from Screwfix now, both have been perfect

Unfortunately I bought Sentinel X800 from a different Ebay seller - 521EmmaD. Should have realised something was not right as the labelling on the bottle was also from the old design. Like M7R said before "avoid like the plague".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sentinel x800 cleaner - what colour and should their be lumps???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Having unblocked the central heating pipes and radiators and got them working again, today I started the process of giving my CH a good clean. It is a sealed system and I emptied the water, cleaned out the magnaclean, added a couple of bottles of Fernox F5 cleaner via the magnaclean and a towel...
Replies
Views
P
My Mother had her microbore system powerflushed a couple of years ago by "Powerflush Ltd" ,who did a marvelous job of cleaning out 40 years worh of sludge and got all her rads working again. The guy who did it, was honest enough to warn us that due to the microbore system having such stupidly...
Replies
Views
P
M
About a year ago I changed a lot of rads, flushed water through the system (is open vent style) then refilled and inc fernox f1 in the system, i have been struggling with what feels like the last rad on the system which is the big on in the hall silting up, so I have got a couple of bottles of...
Replies
Views
M
The last rad in my system, the down stair hall rad, seems to be showing signs of being blocked... but I don't think it is.. heres the info... The system was installed by the neighbor in the late 60s early 70s, (neighbour still loves next door, they have been in since the house was built in 56!)...
Replies
Views
M
A
Please help me! I have what I believe to be the mother of all airlocks within the coils of an indirect cylinder on a gravity fed hot water primary although other possible suggestions would be welcomed. Starting from the beginning, the boiler (an old potterton) is located in a basement it heats...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock