Search the forum,

Discuss New cylinder, New pump. NO HOT WATER. HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wright1

I had a leak in my hot water cylinder, i called the insurance, they said id have to replace the cylinder and they would do the rest. I replaced the cylinder and stopped the leak but there was no hot water, the radiators worked but no hot water!
I brought a pump thinking the reason the hot water wasn't reaching the taps was due to a broken pump. Iv fitted the pump. STILL NO HOT WATER.

Its costing me no end on parts and i have insurance people waiting to come and decorate!

any help would be brilliant!

Probably a goosed hw zone valve, if u know what ur doing just test it for voltages.

Timer on for hw, voltages should be....

240v on brown
240v on grey
240v on orange

If no voltage On orange the either the synchron motor is goosed or the valve head needs changing. Hope that helps

Some details of your system and configuration would be helpful. Plus, which pump? circulator or what?

Do you mean you have no hot water or no water coming out hot taps????

do you have water coming out of any hot tap? if not your gate valve might be at fault:)regards turnpin

Sonds like either the spindle on gate valve goosed or just a simple airlock

If you don't have water coming out of thr hot taps at all could be either broken gate valve (replace it with a full bore lever valve), or possible airlock.

If you think it's an airlock, attach a hose to the draw off cock at the bottom of the cold inlet of the cylinder and try and see if you get a good flow of water out. If you don't, the problem is between the tank and the cylinder. If you do, then the problem is between the cylinder and the taps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New cylinder, New pump. NO HOT WATER. HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock