Discuss Loast hot water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tosh

I've just replaced a monoblock mixer tap in a kitchen and the new tap has lost about half of the water pressure to the Hot tap.

I've drained the system again just in case it was an air lock, taken new pipe work off to check for blockages, stripped tap down to check for blockages but nothing.

The other taps on the same level are all good so it's something with the new taps but I can;t figure what. Any ideas or am I missing the real obvious here.

It's in one of those upside down houses :confused: where the living room and a bedrrom is up stairs and the kitchen, bathroom and remaining bedrooms downstairs. :eek:

The hot water tank is downstairs on the same level as the new kitchen taps and there is no loft and no CWSC.

Any advise is VERY welcome.

Many Thanks

Tosh

Last edited by a moderator:
> the storage tank is downstairs
no loft and cws.

that don't make any sence. you must have a cws somewhere

but your fault is with your tap. if you are a gravity hot water as it sounds like it.
you have fitted a tap that only works on mains pressure above 1 bar.
a gravity fed tap will work on around 0.2 bar.
read the mi to see what min pressure they recommend.

Hi AJS,
Absolutely spot on thank you. I didn;t even think to check the bits they'd bought just went in and fitted what they purchased. Never assume anyone else knows what they're doing I know.

Thanks again mate, taken problem out of my hands.

Case closed.

Re: Lost hot water pressure

By the way,
Also found the CWSC. The house has no loft and the airing cupboard is downstirs with the hot water cylinder. When I asked the cust where there storage tank was all they kept saying was the hot water storage was the only one they had.
They've since called to say they have a dripping overflow. When I went, guess what they had up in a box by a riased ceiling. Oh that'll be the *******g storghae tank I was after then!!!

Is this really the level of people plumbers have to deal with day in day out. OH my god!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loast hot water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
N
Hi, I have a gravity based hot water system, and recently had a new kitchen installed. We never had a noticeable hot water pressure issue before...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock