Discuss Hot water modulation on large (35kw) combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blackcatgas

Ive just installed a Viessmann 100 35kw combi boiler at the father in laws, there is currently only 2 taps connected, the kitchen mixer and a small whb, the bathroom hasnt been installed yet and is a bomb site.
The kitchen mixer is giving me 10 litres a minute of hot (there is a flow restricter fitted on it). when you turn on the mixer tap the boiler fires up and the temp on the boiler shoots up to 80deg + .The boiler then shuts down ,the water cools down etc and then it cycles on and off.The same is happening on the basin tap, I cant measure the flow rate exactly as I didnt have my flow cup or even fit a bucket under it but its much greater than the kitchen tap, est 17 litres per minute ish but cant be sure. I know its a large combi but surely the boiler should be capable of modulating down to this flow rate(10 lires per minute) without on off cycling?and why also on the basin tap too? (although I cant be sure of the real flow rate) or am I missing something?.

Last edited by a moderator:
it should not do that,as you say it should modulate down you need to stick a weir gauge on and have a word with viessman technical

Problem solved!, Id fed the boiler off a pump and break tank, Id crossed the hot and cold, interestingly the Viessmann still fired up on hot working back to front, the boiler modulates down lovely on the slow tap, the temp altering no more than 2 deg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water modulation on large (35kw) combi boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler...
Replies
Views
The previous mixer tap developed a leak. I ordered an exact replacement. The hot &cold tails were too short so I had to replumb the water...
Replies
Views
Back